Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  What is Partial Registration?

Posted 03-05-2020 10:39
    What is the functionality of Partial Registration? When I search for it in the knowledge base, I only see Partial Payments.
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Ryan Murphy
    Independent Sector

• 2.  RE: What is Partial Registration?

Posted 03-05-2020 11:45
    Hi Ryan,

I appreciate you posting this question.  It was announced in the Feburary 25 Weekly Product Release Notes as shown below with a link to more information.

@Cvent Our team is wondering if the Partial Registration holds a spot from capacity for the 7 days.  We have had issues with partial and incomplete registrations impacting registrations when our capacity is low.  For example, if we have a remaining capacity of 2 spots and 2 people do not complete their registration, those incomplete registrations hold those last 2 spots for 40 minutes.  People who try to register during that 40 minute hold period get the "Event is Full" message pop up.  We don't have the ability to send them to a waitlist because the event capacity and/or reg path capacity hasn't been met.

*New Flex ReleasePartial Registration: You can now enable partial registration, which allows your invitees to automatically save their registration progress and continue it at a later date. Partial registration has to be resumed within 7 days or the progress is lost.

Loretta Peterson
    Event Associate
    CDW

• 3.  RE: What is Partial Registration?

Posted 03-05-2020 12:23

Thanks for this information. Do you know if there is a way to see who has done a partial registration? Also is it too early to determine the pros and cons of this feature.

Ryan Murphy

Manager

Independent Sector

1602 L Street NW, Suite 900

Washington, DC 20036

202 467-6152 direct

IndependentSector.org

• 4.  RE: What is Partial Registration?

Posted 03-09-2020 09:13
    Hi Loretta,

Partial Registration does not hold a spot from capacity for the full 7 days - this is simply their information being stored. 

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: What is Partial Registration?

Posted 03-09-2020 09:24
    Thank you, Danielle!  I will share that with my Team.

Loretta Peterson
    Event Associate
    CDW

• 6.  RE: What is Partial Registration?

Posted 03-17-2020 16:11
    Hi Ryan,

I also wanted to provide you with this knowledge base article that provides more information about the partial registration feature in Flex events should you need to reference it. It's titled Allowing Invitees to Save Their Registration Progress.

When an invitee is registering for your event, they have 20 minutes to complete their registration before the system times out. To allow invitees to save their progress, you can enable the partial registration feature.Their partial registration has to be resumed within 7 days or the progress is lost. They will show up in the Visited status and will not actually be marked as registered/in the accepted status in the event until they complete their registration in its entirety.

Julia Plymack
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 7.  RE: What is Partial Registration?

Posted 04-08-2020 14:25
    @Cvent So if you are looking at the abandoned registration report and it lists the last page an invitee completed as "Partial Registration," what does that mean?​

Krysten Bennett
    Communications Director
    Ohio Veterinary Medical Association