Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  New Code Widget

Posted 11-06-2020 13:18
    Hi all,

Has anyone successfully used the new code widget for anything besides laying out a table or simple text formatting? I'd love to have a discussion about how you made some of your functionality work.

I've been trying to add an HTML/CSS lightbox, but I just can't get it to work. I'm moving on from trying this on the event I'm working on, but I'd be interested in getting it to work for future events!

The lightbox I'm trying to work on is a text link that makes an image appear in an overlay over the whole page. It's not utilizing the whole page though, just the code widget section. Would it take over the whole page if I were to use Javascript instead of just HTML/CSS?

Thanks in advance!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Lauren Becker
    Travel, Meetings & Incentives Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac

• 2.  RE: New Code Widget

Posted 11-06-2020 14:46

Hi Lauren,

Sharing my experience here as I spent quite a bit of time exploring this feature as well.

In my opinion CVENT didn't make it very clear that this feature isn't really for custom HTML / CSS styling on these pages. For that you'll need to wait for Advanced Coding Mode (CSS) - Planned for Q4 2020 as of now.

This is because the new code widget places the actual code inside of an iFrame. The iFrames with the code wouldn't interact with the rest of the website. So you can't style using this feature.

"You can use code widget to create custom standalone sections, build tables, add accordions, have custom galleries, animations etc. However, you cannot use it to change anything on the existing website elements." - CVENT Support

I've only used the code widget so far to place Facebook tracking pixels on my registration pages. I couldn't place these pixels with code snippets because of the way it automatically adds script tags in FLEX, as Facebook pixels are a combination of Javascript and HTML.

Hope this helps.

Best,
    Evan

Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc