Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Appointment Module & Flex Event Question

Posted 08-07-2019 15:16
    ​I'm new to Cvent Events & Appointments, just launched our first event on Friday. Responses are coming in. We also purchased the Appointment module to allow attendees to schedule 30 minute meetings w/two groups at our event. I've linked the event to the Appointment event. I've built the schedule, locations, etc. The issue I'm having now is how to launch it from a current status of "Closed" to "Active" and then how to get my attendee list into the Appointment Event so I can send emails to those who said they want an appt.

I was told by my Cvent trainer that I couldn't directly link the Appointment Event to the actual Event, so I have to send separate emails.

Any help is appreciated, I've looked through the Knowledge Base and can't find the answer.

Thanks!
    #EventApp-Building/managing
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Katrinia Moss
    Corporate Administrator
    Explorer Pipeline

• 2.  RE: Appointment Module & Flex Event Question

Posted 08-07-2019 16:50
    @Katrinia Moss, I have linked my Appointments to a Flex Event. I have a big green launch button when I go into Cvent > Appointments and view the Appointment event that created to link to my Flex Event.  ​Are you also using CrowdCompass? I simply emailed my attendees from Cvent Classic last year and told them about the Appointments functionality. I haven't used Appointments without CrowdCompass yet.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 3.  RE: Appointment Module & Flex Event Question

Posted 08-07-2019 17:02
      |   view attached
    Thanks for the response, Brenda, I do not have a big green launch button like I did in my Flex event, that's what's throwing me off (see attached)! Unfortunately, we opted to not use CrowdCompass due to our event being on the smaller side (only about 75 attendees). None of my attendees are showing up either.

Katrinia Moss
    Corporate Administrator
    Explorer Pipeline

• 4.  RE: Appointment Module & Flex Event Question

Posted 08-07-2019 17:37
    Hi Katrinia,

Cvent Events can be linked with Appointment Events and moment invitee registers they are added to the appointment event automatically. 

You can then inform attendees to book the appointments through welcome email or add the schedule appointment data tag{[APPT-EVENT GUEST LINK]} ) in the event registration confirmation email. 

This article has all the info about Appointment Events setup, linking to registration site and launching it: https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000032856

I would recommend to contact customer care for assistance.

-----------------------------------
    Brett Sachdeva
    Tech Lead
    Cvent Client Services

• 5.  RE: Appointment Module & Flex Event Question

Posted 08-07-2019 17:49
    Hi Katrinia,

I see that the Appointment Event is closed.

Our Technology team should be able to reopen the appointment event from the backend.

Please contact customer care team and they should be able to escalate the case to reopen the appointment event.

-----------------------------------
    Brett Sachdeva
    Tech Lead
    Cvent Client Services

• 6.  RE: Appointment Module & Flex Event Question

Posted 08-08-2019 09:06
    Thanks, Brett, I'll reach out to the Customer care team. I guess I'm confused how it's closed when it was never opened!

Katrinia Moss
    Corporate Administrator
    Explorer Pipeline