Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Postponed Event - Unregistering delegates

Posted 03-09-2020 08:16
    Hello everyone,

Wonder if you can point me in the best direction. We are managing an internal event for a client which has been postponed due to CoVid19. We have a new date for the event and the agenda and event set up will be almost identical (bar a couple of changes). Also 99% of the same delegates will be being invited to the new event.

If we just amend the current event we have on CVent, are we able to unregister all of the delegates we have currently registered? If not can you easily delete all of the delegates and re-upload the list?

Thanks in advance.

James
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    James Franey
    Director
    Obis 360

• 2.  RE: Postponed Event - Unregistering delegates

Posted 03-09-2020 09:33

Hi James,

You are certainly able to unregister the attendees who are currently registered for the event in the system if needed. You can complete this action in bulk and this article walks through this process step-by-step: Unregistering Registrants (reference the Unregistering Invitees in Bulk section)

Julia Plymack
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Postponed Event - Unregistering delegates

Posted 03-09-2020 09:47
    Hi Julia,

thanks for this. we did see that step-by-step guide however, where it states: Hover over the Change Status To dropdown in the top-right, then click Unregister, we do not seem to have a Change status to dropdown. The only dropdown we get is Bulk Action?

Thanks
    James

James Franey
    Director
    Obis 360

• 4.  RE: Postponed Event - Unregistering delegates

Posted 03-09-2020 10:17
    Hi James,

I just confirmed that the ability to unregister invitees in bulk has not been released in Flex events yet. This is currently available as an option in Classic events, but the functionality has yet to be released in Flex, which is why you are not seeing the "Change Status to" option within your Flex event. You still have the ability to unregister registrants manually/one-off by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to their name within Invitee Management > Invitees & Registrants > Unregister and that will achieve the same end result. 

This functionality is on the roadmap to be released in Flex in the future.

Julia Plymack
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: Postponed Event - Unregistering delegates

Posted 03-10-2020 13:46
    In the spirit of shared learning in the Community, I also wanted to share a follow up question that I received about this original post in case it helps any other users in similar scenarios. The follow up question I received was: "I saw this chat on the forum and was wondering if there is a way to only clear the hotel requests and air actual fields rather than unregistering the attendee completely?  I am in a similar situation as James.  We have new dates and most of our attendees will be the same, but I only need to get their new hotel and air info.  I don't want them to have to re-answer all of the other registration questions again."

Please see my response below:

Yes, you are able to modify/cancel just the travel information within an invitee record (ex: hotel requests and air actual fields) separately from unregistering the attendee from the event completely. 
    This article walks step by step through how to cancel a registrant's travel request and I will also include the steps below:

Begin by going to Invitee Management > Manage > Invitees & Registrants. Search for the registrant and click their name. For a Classic event, hover over Registration and click Add or Modify Travel. Under Actions, to the right of the travel request you want to delete, click Cancel. Review what you selected to ensure it's correct. Once you confirm, the travel request will be gone forever. Click OK when you're ready to let go.

For a Flex event, hover over Actions and click Modify Registration. Go to the travel request, and under the request they made, click Delete. Review what you selected to ensure it's correct. Once you confirm, the travel request will be gone forever. Click Yes, then continue going through registration.

In Classic events, you can actually cancel hotel requests in bulk within (Invitee Management > Manage: Hotel Requests > Hotel > Check off the applicable hotel requests > Cancel.) This functionality does not exist in Flex events currently, so any travel requests (hotel requests and air actuals) will need to be cancelled manually for each registrant within your Flex event. If it's a Classic event, you can cancel hotel requests in bulk as I mentioned, but air requests, air actuals, group flights, and car requests cannot be updated/cancelled in bulk, so you will need to cancel these manually/one-off for invitees.

Other helpful step-by-step Community articles to reference:

Modifying Travel Requests in a Classic Event

Modifying Hotel Requests in a Flex Event

Julia Plymack
    Cvent

• 6.  RE: Postponed Event - Unregistering delegates

Posted 03-19-2020 11:47
    Thanks for this helpful information.  We plan to postpone, but dates unknown.  After I plan to manually unregister (Flex event) attendees and close (not cancel) the event.  When I am ready to reopen/relaunch, I have 2 questions:

1. What happens to the registration data/info from those previously registered - I don't want it to interfere with new info?
    2. I assume the previously registered attendees, will have to re-register or will they just modify a registration?
    3. If they re-register vs modify (not sure of Flex capabilities in this area), will I be charged, by Cvent, twice for the same attendee ?

Patti Gaughan
    Consultant, Conference and Travel Services
    Kansas City Life Insurance Company

• 7.  RE: Postponed Event - Unregistering delegates

Posted 03-19-2020 11:59
    Following ... I have the same questions, Patti!

Sharon Anderson
    Prestige Global Meetings Source

• 8.  RE: Postponed Event - Unregistering delegates

Posted 03-19-2020 13:23
    I have a call into my Success Advisor - I will post answers when I know more.

Patti Gaughan, CMP
    Consultant, Conference & Travel Services
    Kansas City Life Insurance Company
    3520 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111
    Phone: 816-753-7299, ext. 8311 | Fax: 816-561-1565 | Cell: 816-805-0890
    www.kclife.com | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

• 9.  RE: Postponed Event - Unregistering delegates

Posted 03-20-2020 09:21
    Hi Patti - I've added some comments to your questions:

1. What happens to the registration data/info from those previously registered - I don't want it to interfere with new info? If you are unregistering attendees, their contact information will likely remain in the system (in your address book) and pre-populate the next time they go to register, but they can update/override the information if needed. Other registration details (Q&A responses, session selections, etc. aren't usually saved for an extended period, if at all)
    2. I assume the previously registered attendees, will have to re-register or will they just modify a registration? If you are unregistering the attendees they will have to re-register. As an alternative, why not leave them registered and when the program is rescheduled send an email to say the program has been rescheduled to XYZ dates and if they can no longer attend, they can cancel their registration. If they are able to attend then they can review their previous details and update as needed.
    3. If they re-register vs modify (not sure of Flex capabilities in this area), will I be charged, by Cvent, twice for the same attendee ? I'm not sure of this, definitely a question for your Cvent rep.

Angela Le
    Cleveland, OH, USA

• 10.  RE: Postponed Event - Unregistering delegates

Posted 03-24-2020 09:28
    Hi All, 

Chiming in here as I went through the processes of postponing and then ultimately cancelling two large conferences these past couple weeks and was on the phone with Cvent for hours with these types of questions.  Happy to talk it through if you'd like also feel free to reach out Lsapita@wharton.upenn.edu!  

To James: If you are keeping basically the same information in the event i.e sessions, speakers etc., I'd recommend closing registration and then reactivating it when the time comes.  If you move the event to cancel you cannot reactivate it.  You could of course, duplicate it, that's another option.  But I'd simply close it for now so you can pick it back up when the new dates are determined and tinker with it rather than building and testing a whole new site. Entirely up to you!

As of last week, Cvent's stance was that you will be charged again for the same registrants if you unregister them and they reregister. I get it they make money on each registrant :)  

If basically the same registrants are coming to this postponed event, AND you do not need to refund them any money, I think Angela's recommendation is the best and will save your company money.  "why not leave them registered and when the program is rescheduled send an email to say the program has been rescheduled to XYZ dates and if they can no longer attend, they can cancel their registration. If they are able to attend then they can review their previous details and update as needed."  This way you will not be double charged for the same registrants.  

Lauren Sapita
    Associate Director, Special Events
    Wharton School - University of Penn