Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Dynamic Event Guide

Posted 10-08-2019 16:25
    I would like more ability to customize the home page of the Dynamic Event Guide - The "Up Next" section does not apply for our small events where participants are not choosing their own schedule. It would be great to be able to feature a page or edit the default text of the items we are able to feature to give us a work around. Has anyone run into this issue or figured out ways to work around it?
    #EventApp-Building/managing

------------------------------
    Christy LoCastro
    Event and Registration Manager
    Cadence

• 2.  RE: Dynamic Event Guide

Posted 10-09-2019 13:15
    Hi Christy,

Anything that you enter in Sessions could be renamed and "featured" so that it would come up next. Even though your attendee isn't choosing their own session for a smaller event think tracks, lunches or networking opportunities/receptions that could be entered as "sessions" and would populate as coming up next.

Cynthia Keller
    Marketing Manager-Events
    Gulf Publishing

• 3.  RE: Dynamic Event Guide

Posted 10-10-2019 10:43
    Hi Christy,

Thank you for asking this question! I have actually had a couple of conversations with some team members at Cvent regarding customizing the dynamic event guide and Crowd Compass in general. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to work around the existing layout or customize particular sections on the dynamic event guide that work better for your events. When the app was built, it was built with one interface, meaning that when customizations are made on the back end, they, in turn, affect all other events. Cvent has told me they are looking into making more sections of the app (ie. pages, icons, etc) into featured items on the dynamic event guide and also looking into ways to make headers/text more customizable. Until then, I know I will be waiting patiently :)

Hope this helps,

Jillian Koresko
    marketer

• 4.  RE: Dynamic Event Guide

Posted 10-10-2019 11:10
    Hi Christy,

I had a similar issue and I was told that it was hard wired and couldn't be modified.  But they would take the feedback for future improvements.

Thanks,
    Tanya

Tanya Nieto-Winzey
    Conference Coordinator
    Pilates Method Alliance