Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Save the Date functionality

Posted 06-16-2021 08:30

Hello All, 

Great to be participating in week three. I am in the event space and have a question regarding the Save the Date calendar function. The one we use in our email confirmation is an ics file and only works for Outlook not Google or Apple. Do you have any suggestions or plugins? 

thanks. 

#EventApp-Building/managing

------------------------------
    Marie Johnson
    Director, Marketing & Strategy
    Meetings & Incentives Worldwide, Inc.
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Save the Date functionality

User Group Member
    Posted 06-16-2021 08:57
    Hi Marie,
    I have had this same issue literally for years (not exaggerating), and am still waiting for a resolution.
    Here is what I do:
    - Create an event on my google calendar, and publish it.  This creates a URL link to that event on the calendar.
    - I then link that URL to either an 'Add to Calendar' button that I create, or just link to the 'Add to Calendar' text. 

Then, when it comes to the Cvent event, I have 2 options for people to add to their calendar:
    1. The Cvent ics. option for Outlook
    2. The published event that I created on my own google calendar

TIP - If you choose to do this process, and create an event on your calendar that you publish, do NOT delete this event from your calendar at any time, as long as it is still a valid event for people to save to their calendar.  
    Any event that I created for this purpose, I color code it RED - that is my indication that it is a published event, and do not delete!

Hope you find this helpful.
    Good luck!
    Susan
    --
    Susan Smith
    Customer Experiences & Events
    Americas Marketing
    Motorola Solutions, Inc.
    500 W. Monroe Street - 43rd Floor
    Chicago, IL 60661

P: 1.502.909.6247

For more information on how and why we collect your personal information, please visit our Privacy Policy.