Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Setting up Google Analytics Tracking

Posted 09-20-2019 11:52
    Hi There,

I'm looking for advice on how to best setup google analytics with our CVENT registration pages. We have a custom domain for registration and we have about 10 different event brands.

Is there a way to setup 10 different properties under my CVENT analytics account that pool in data just for those brands? For instance,

customdomain.com/events/tech-....
    customdomain.com/events/healthcare-....

I'm guessing each event name would have to start with that brand name, but I'm not sure if it's possible to setup a property without including the entire event name. If you have to include the entire event name then it wouldn't be ideal to setup a new property per event per year it's too many.

Or is it better to setup one property for all my events under customdomain.com and then filter my reporting views per event brand?

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Evan
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc

• 2.  RE: Setting up Google Analytics Tracking

Posted 10-10-2019 10:53
    Hi Evan,

I would suggest setting up one property under your custom domain and then filter reporting views per event brand. I do something similar to this utilizing with our different campaigns and it seems to work smoothly and keep everything organized.

Thanks!

Jillian Koresko
    marketer

• 3.  RE: Setting up Google Analytics Tracking

Posted 10-10-2019 14:45
    Hi Jillian,

Thanks for the reply! Are you able to provide a little more detail on how you filter within that one property per event brand?

Best,
    Evan

Evan Ring
    Marketing Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc