Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Hybrid Event Benchmarks

Posted 06-30-2021 14:33

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully executed a hybrid conference and if so, what was the breakdown of in-person vs. virtual attendees? I haven't come across any benchmarks on hybrid events yet, and hoping to gain insight as we plan our 2022 events budget. 

Thanks!

#Miscellaneous
    #ManagingVirtualEvents
    #ReportingandInsights
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Elizabeth Parker
    Marketing and Events Manager
    Training Industry, Inc

• 2.  RE: Hybrid Event Benchmarks

Posted 06-30-2021 21:52
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 01-18-2024 14:09
    Hi Elizabeth! As our Senior Director, Industry Solutions here at Cvent I've been doing a lot of industry research, talking to clients, and even working on our own hybrid event, Cvent CONNECT, so I wanted to provide some thoughts for you on this topic. First, what type of event are you hosting? Is this an externally-focused marketing event? Or an internal event with a more targeted audience list? Is your audience typically global or regionally based? In general, is one of your event goals to increase your reach and increase your registration numbers? Is the content/programming more educational in nature or networking focused? These are just a few of the key questions that could influence your breakdown of in-person compared to virtual in your attendance.

Have you considered polling your audience to see if they would be more likely to attend virtually or in-person? Did you host your event virtually either last year or this year and how was that attendance compared to in-person?

Let me know your thoughts on these questions - happy to engage in a conversation to help guide you to some numbers to help your budgeting process!

Julie Haddix
    Senior Director, Industry Solutions
    Cvent