We use the option to feature content (sessions, exhibitors, and now even links or link gallery) on the Home Page quite heavily. This allows up to have the top of mind items right there for them before they get too deep in browsing the program or exhibitors. Another trick we've used is creating an exhibitor called !Help Desk! for customer support. Not only we feature it on the Home Page, using the ! at the beginning makes it top of page in alphabetic order. On that page we feature contact information, but also self-help resources.
The main thing that the Attendee Hub has helped us streamlined for virtual events is finding and joining sessions. For in-person, it is very valuable for presenters sharing documents, and for providing an easy way to browse sessions and their descriptions.
Conference Program Specialist II
California Teachers Association
Sent: 12-09-2021 11:17
From: Ridhima Krishan
Subject: Tips to ensure maximum engagement on Attendee Hub Website®
Hello everyone! We are back with another Tip of the Week!
We all know that with Cvent's Attendee Hub Website, you can give your attendees the full event experience from their desktop or tablet. But did you know - to ensure your attendees are engaged, this platform allows them to watch the live streams, join collaborative sessions, participate in Live Polls, visit virtual exhibitor booths, schedule appointments, share feedback, and more. Keep reading for some helpful reminders and updates to ensure maximum engagement on your Attendee Hub Website!
Poll Creation by Moderator
- Moderators can now create and edit their own polls directly within Attendee Hub before or during a session.
- Remember, editing the poll question will delete any attendee responses you've already received, and you'll need to re-open the question after editing if it was previously opened.
- If you are using Live Polls during an in-person event, you can also use Live Display to simultaneously share the current poll question and its real-time responses on a monitor for all to see.
Adding Web or Video Links
- You can add web or video links to your Attendee Hub Website to connect attendees to information found on external websites, allow attendees to access personalized content from third-party platforms, or share videos from YouTube, Wistia, or Vimeo. Refer to these instructions to learn the steps.
- One thing to keep in mind here is that the cards will appear in the order they were created, so make sure to consider your desired layout before getting started. If you want multiple cards including a gallery to display on one row, create a single link or video card before creating a gallery card.
Added the ability to display sessions only in Attendee Hub
- You can now choose whether to display sessions on Attendee Hub independent of registration, providing more control over where your attendees can add sessions to their schedules.
- When preparing your event for Attendee Hub, ensure to activate Attendee Hub Website features, such as video content for sessions, featured sessions and speakers, custom terms, and more.
Moderating Live Q&A
- With Live Q&A, attendees can submit questions during a session right from the Attendee Website. As a moderator, you have the final say on which ones are visible to other attendees and answered live. Also, the moderator questions are automatically approved.
Set up an Appointment Event
- This feature allows you to decide who can meet with whom, where, and when. Your attendees will then use a mobile-responsive site to send, accept, decline, and modify meeting requests.
- Every event must have at least one group and all attendees must be part of a group unless you're scheduling appointments for them. An attendee can belong to multiple groups, but it's recommended that they exist in only one.
- In order for attendees to be able to access their personal schedule and start booking appointments, you'll need to send them the Welcome Email, which includes a link to access their website.
Prepare Your Exhibitor Management Portal
- Exhibitors can view their sponsored sessions when they log into their portal, and export leads from session participants if you've allowed them to access this information.
- To help attendees learn more about an organization, add content to exhibitor profiles, or allow exhibitors to add their own. Attendees can view and download documents, watch videos, and access links from an exhibitor's profile on the Attendee Website. However, take note that Exhibitor Admins do not have access to update their booth staff's profile images from the Exhibitor Portal.
- Lastly, if you are allowing attendees to opt-out of sharing with exhibitors, the names of opted-out attendees will be excluded from the session participants list. However, the number of attendees will reflect both opted-in and opted-out attendees.
Questions for You:
- What are the other features of the Attendee Hub Website you use to keep your attendees engaged?
- How has the Attendee Hub Website helped you streamline an attendee's journey during your event?
Let us know below! #CventTip
Sr. Associate, Customer Marketing