Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Onsite health and safety protocols

User Group Member
    Posted 11-18-2021 17:12
    Hi,
    Can anyone share what exact onsite protocols they are putting in place for in-person events? Are you using a "health" vendor (i.e.; CLEAR), are you requiring testing onsite, or negative tests within a certain timeframe of the start of the event?  Are you collecting vaccination card images and if so, by what means?  
    Thank you,
    #ManagingOn-site

------------------------------
    Jenny Girvin
    Senior Event Planner
    Vanguard Group - PA

• 2.  RE: Onsite health and safety protocols

Community MVP
    Posted 11-18-2021 20:41
    Our policy was everyone had to be fully vaccinated. We decided on this after registration opened.
    We had everyone upload their CDC card. Some had their 2nd shot on the back so we had 2 uploads.
    I also used an internal field that I'd use as a check after verifying their card.
    This let me filter emails to send reminders. It's amazing how no two cards where filled out the same.

Our policy statement:

Important Event Update (9/20/21)

Proof of vaccination is required for all attending our event name. Guests must be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO-authorized vaccine at least 14 days prior to the event, and must show proof of vaccination at registration.

Mask Requirements: Masks are required for all guests indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Masks must be worn at all times while visiting indoor areas except when eating or drinking. All masks must completely cover the nose and mouth and comply with the CDC guidelines for acceptable face coverings.

Health certification: By entering the indoor event areas, guests acknowledge that all of the statements below are true on the day they visit. If any of these statements is NOT true, you shall not come to the event.

• I have not tested positive for COVID-19 through a diagnostic test in the past ten (10) days.
    • I am not and have not recently experienced (within the last 48 hours) any new or worsening symptoms of COVID-19.
    • Within the past ten (10) days, I have not had close contact or proximate contact with any person(s) confirmed with a diagnostic test-or suspected, based on symptoms-to be positive for COVID-19.

Response to this policy was mixed of course. But for every person who sent us hate email, there was someone else who thanked us. I'd also say tghe average age out attendees was +60. Many already had their boosters.

Good luck!

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Onsite health and safety protocols

Posted 11-19-2021 09:00
    Jenny
    We just completed our October 2021 conference and did require vaccine only for attendance. We used the Clear Health app and it worked surprisingly well pre conference and on -site. However, we did need to set up an onsite area for those that could not use the Clear app for whatever reason. There were some technical challenges ie would not accept photo of  vaccine card, would not accept photo of attendee. The Clear rep was extremely responsive with solutions to these problems. Some were surprising, ie take a photo outside in sunlight, place the vaccine card on black background, etc.  Other issues we encountered is that Clear did not accept trial vaccines but will for 22 if CDC approved, many have now been added to their list. Clear did not accept Canadian, outside US info, ie but will for 22 if the vaccine is on the CDC list.  We handled this similar to HIMSS onsite process in that we provided attendees that met our requirements with a GO CARD which they provided to access conference space and pick up badge.  Highly recommend Clear Health app for this purpose. They also accept negative test protocol which we are considering for our 2022 conference.  Hope this helps provide some insight and happy to discuss if needed. 
    Sherry

Sherry Mountford
    Sr Director Tradeshow Events
    Asembia

• 4.  RE: Onsite health and safety protocols

User Group Member
    Posted 11-19-2021 11:36
    Thanks so much Sherry! Very helpful!

Jenny Girvin
    Senior Event Planner
    Vanguard Group - PA

• 5.  RE: Onsite health and safety protocols

Community MVP
    Posted 11-20-2021 11:26
    The other thing I thought of, I noticed several of our attendees uploaded the back of their CDC card and I'd have to contact them to upload the front.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America