Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Speaker Resource Center/How to utalize On-Demand Videos

Posted 03-17-2022 15:16
    Hello,

I am freshly new to Cvent (just under two weeks) and so new we don't have an account rep yet so I'm busily trying to finalize and publish our event while searching through the open forum for advise.

I am completely stuck on a particular part, and hoping someone can assist.
    Our event is rather large -featuring about 112 presentations (Sessions) and I want to provide the speakers the opportunity to upload a pre-recorded video of their presentation to be made available for On-Demand.  Because of the scale, I don't have the time or staff assistance to collect the files and upload them myself.

So I thought that was where the Speaker Resource Center would come into play, but upon further examination it seems that the file size is limited to <250 MB.  Which is hard to achieve with an .mp4 video file.  Also there isn't a way for them to record native within the options.  I spoke to a technician too and he informed me, anyone who uploads a file this way wouldn't make it available for on-demand to attendees.  That I'd have to go download all the files and set them up for each session.  

I generally feel like I'm just missing something, because I find it hard to believe that Whova (who we've used in the past) has a feature that lets speakers upload their own video file and keeps the planner out of it, but Cvent doesn't.  

Please help as are event is in less than two weeks!

Thanks.
    Jeff
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jeff Gnacinski
    Conferences and Virtual Events Administrator
    The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society

• 2.  RE: Speaker Resource Center/How to utalize On-Demand Videos

Posted 03-18-2022 14:59
    Hi Jeff-

Is there a way to collect a link to the video in the speaker resource center? I wonder if there was a way for the speakers to upload their video directly into the attendee hub?

Lindsay Buchanan
    Meetings Management Consultant
    Intent Strategy Group (A Division of M&IW)
    M +1 262.488.4537
    lbuchanan@meetings-incentives.com

• 3.  RE: Speaker Resource Center/How to utalize On-Demand Videos

Posted 03-21-2022 08:15
    Hi Lindsay,

I'm not sure about a link, perhaps there is a way to customize it that I'm still not aware of.  A way for them to upload directly to Attendee Hub would be perfect and exactly the feature I'm looking for in comparison to other platforms we've used in the past.  We have a very small event staff and the online portion really just boils down to me, so I'm hoping there is a way for speakers to the majority of the work now that I've uploaded the agenda/speakers.

Jeff Gnacinski
    Conferences and Virtual Events Administrator
    The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society