Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Reordering List of Speakers under Assigned Session

Posted 11-06-2020 10:36
    Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to reorder the list of speakers assigned to a specific session so that they display a certain way within the Sessions widget?  For example, all of my sessions are panels, and I would like for the Moderator to be displayed first and then the panelists in alphabetical order after that. In the attached example image, it looks like the speakers are listed in alpha order by default, but I would like Tenille Washburn to be listed first as she is the moderator.  Thanks for your help in advance!
    want to reorder the way speakers are displayed within the sessions widget.

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Shannon Greco
    Contractor
    Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

• 2.  RE: Reordering List of Speakers under Assigned Session

Posted 11-06-2020 11:25

Hi Shannon,

If you go to Event Details > Speakers, in the top right, there is an "Actions" dropdown. Select "Set Order". Once you are on the "Set Order" page, you can reorder the how your speakers display by clicking in the "reorder" column on the row of the speaker you want to move and dragging the row to where you want it to be. So, you would find the row for Tenille Washburn, click on the right "Reorder" column, and drag her row to the top of the speaker list.

You can also set speaker category for each speaker (within the speaker details) and it will group speakers by category. You can also select the order that you want the category to show.

I should note that I am using Flex. I don't know if these options exist in Classic.

Hope this helps!

Best,
    Kirsten

Kirsten Derrickson-Boice
    Project Manager/Business Analyst
    MIT Office of Resource Development

• 3.  RE: Reordering List of Speakers under Assigned Session

Posted 11-09-2020 08:23
    Hi Kirsten,

Thank you for this information.  I am using Flex as well. I did come across the Set Order functionality under Speakers and reordered them so that they would show alphabetically when using the Speakers widget, which I am using on a separate dedicated page.  I was hoping I could display the speakers in a slightly different order within the Sessions widget only by displaying the Moderator first.  I do have all Moderators categorized as such behind the scenes, but it sounds like the Set Order functionality impacts all areas where speakers are displayed - is that accurate?

Shannon Greco
    Contractor
    Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

• 4.  RE: Reordering List of Speakers under Assigned Session

Posted 11-10-2020 12:01
    Hi Shannon,

That is a great question. I'm not all that familiar with Sessions and the Agenda widget. I just did some poking around and I didn't see a way to set the speaker order within the Speaker section of the Agenda widget - either via the web builder or via the Session configurations.

I also tried re-ordering both the people and the speaker category display order within the Speaker configurations and it didn't seem to impact the display order within the Agenda widget on the website.

So, I am stumped too, unfortunately!

Best,
    Kirsten

Kirsten Derrickson-Boice
    Project Manager/Business Analyst
    MIT Office of Resource Development

• 5.  RE: Reordering List of Speakers under Assigned Session

Posted 11-11-2020 13:54
    Hi Shannon and Kirsten,

I just checked into this with a product expert, and was told the speaker order per session will pull from the order set within the Speakers tab (through the Set Order functionality you discussed). Since it seems you are looking to update the order depending on the widget, I'd suggest sharing this as feedback within the Ideas section of the Community. This allows other users to upvote and gives our product teams visibility into your use case. I think this is a great piece of feedback! :) 

Please let me know any questions. 

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent