Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Need Help

Posted 07-29-2020 15:29
    I have an event where the stakeholder wants to make it so when a registrant selects 1 session, the price is $300, but if the registrant selects a second or third session, the price for each additional session selected would be $250.

Whats best practice for this?

my current set up is charging $300 for the ticket price, having the sessions as optional, and Free, and having an Additional Quantity item of $250. It is a little confusing when I went through the process myself. 

Any ideas?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Ravenna Legare
    Assistant to Director of Communications
    California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (ccsesa)

• 2.  RE: Need Help

Posted 07-30-2020 19:09

We have a similar scenario for one of our big events. Unfortunatley I dont think there is an easy session qty discounting option, or not one that we could find.  We ended up creating multiple admission items. It can be more work but easier for the registrant to understand. 

We had a

- 1 session pass, and put an advanced rule of which sessions they could choose from and only allow them to pick one 

- 3 session pass, again with an advanced rule but they could choose 3 

- 6 session pass with the same rule but they could pick 6 sessions

It would depend on  how many sessions you have to choose from as to how viable this is as you would need an admission item for each combination of session selections (hope that makes sense) 

Good luck, and let me know if you find any other ways of achieving a good ourtcome

Amelia Gilloway
    Systems Administrator
    CPA Australia Ltd

• 3.  RE: Need Help

User Group Member
    Posted 07-31-2020 11:16
    I have not yet used this feature, but I believe Volume Discounts may serve your needs. It looks like you may be able to apply this type of discount to admission items, sessions or quantity items.

Todd Leister
    Assistant Director for Officer-campus Programming
    Bucknell University