Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Check In Feature - CrowdCompass

Posted 07-23-2019 15:50

Can you pull a report of who checked in to each session? If they are logged in? 

Thanks! 

#ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Tim Wilson
    Event Manager
    Pearson

• 2.  RE: Check In Feature - CrowdCompass

Community MVP
    Posted 08-05-2019 10:37
    Yes; if you require them to log into the app and check into the session, you can track this. I found it was very helpful to require them to check in and fill out a survey to receive CPE (if you can tie it to CPE).

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme McMilllen & Associates

• 3.  RE: Check In Feature - CrowdCompass

Posted 08-05-2019 11:53
    Yes, they need to be logged into <g class="gr_ gr_48 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling" id="48" data-gr-id="48">crowdcompass</g> and you need to scan them when they get to the session.

Courtney Riley
    Digital Media Supervisor
    CNC Software, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Check In Feature - CrowdCompass

Posted 08-05-2019 15:38
    After you have the participants check-in/scan (as stated in the other responses) you can create the report within Custom Reports, be sure to switch the report type to Session Participants. If you use Reports (NEW) you'll want to pull the Session Attendance report under the Session and Agenda Item Reports section.

Camila Macnally
    Account Coordinator
    JM Family Enterprises, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Check In Feature - CrowdCompass

Posted 08-06-2019 08:32
    If you don't incorporate scanning tech into your event (we don't), then check-ins and surveys are the easiest ways to track. Encourage attendees to check-in, post photos, download content, and complete surveys after every session to help get accurate numbers.

Bouran Qaddumi
    nft
    Cajun Operating Company d/b/a Church's Chicken

• 6.  RE: Check In Feature - CrowdCompass

Posted 08-06-2019 13:19
    Yes, but make sure to remind them ahead of and at the event. Otherwise, if they haven't checked in and you can't give them a CE, there's trouble to be had.

Andrea Johnson
    Contract Administrator
    Association of Communication Engineers

• 7.  RE: Check In Feature - CrowdCompass

Community MVP
    Posted 08-07-2019 17:26
    I agree with the other experts who posted on this. It is a combination of:
    1) requiring them to log into the app
    2a) having people scan badges at the entrance of each room or 2b) ensuring each presenter has a slide prompting all session attendees to check in, and to literally take a moment at the beginning AND end of the session to ensure they do so
    3) Having a preplanned email marketing and push notification campaign to remind people to check into the sessions, especially if you are not having staff scan badges at the entrance to each meeting room.

I strongly desire to use RFID to track attendance at sessions because for years I have not been allowed to have staff scan badges at the door (too "big brother" was the concern) and so I can always answer "who registered for my sesssion" but I can never answer "who attended my session." Frankly the speakers often remove the "check in" slides I give them in the PPT presentation. They aren't comfortable with the technology, so they don't ask attendees to check in.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 8.  RE: Check In Feature - CrowdCompass

User Group Member
    Posted 06-16-2021 18:09
    If you use a session feedback survey to track attendance, is there a way to check them in or does that require manual entry of participation?

Elissa Adair
    Program Evaluator
    Lines for Life