Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sessions

Posted 02-20-2020 08:18
    Hi Fellow Planners

My scenario...we launched registration and everyone registered. Now we want to add breakout sessions. I can send an email to gather what sessions attendees want to take but is there a back end way i can add this in to the sessions module of cvent?
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    KRISTIE CARDENAS
    Manager Meeting and Travel Services
    Mastercard

• 2.  RE: Sessions

Community MVP
    Posted 02-20-2020 11:08
    You can add breakout sessions.

BUT, you need to know what can't be changed after launch

Also, I have done this in the past, adding session registraton AFTER launching an event, and my success was VERY LIMITED. People often have the mindset of "I'll show up and walk into the sessions I want."

So unless you are requiring session registration for session admittance, which you can control with OnArrival and badge scanning, you may find limited success.

If you can afford RFID tracking to see WHO came into a session - super, you'll know who showed up.

The most important thing is communicating on a regular attendance with your attendees and making sure they are logging back into the reg website to register for sessions. Be sure to include the data tag for their reg code and the link for them to go straight to the page asking them to enter their email and reg code to modify their session.

Good luck!

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States