Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Creating Badges & Certificates

Posted 09-06-2019 10:42
    Hi,

Does anyone else find the badge creating tools extremely frustrating? For our events, we give certificates for healthcare professionals. They all require certain fields and images on each certificate. There are so many things that make it so hard to create a nice looking badge:
    • Unable to view the entire badge while in design mode. It would be nice to be able to zoom in and out to see if things are centered
    • There's no automatic center text box option. I can center the text, but unable to center the field on the badge itself. Instead, I have to rely on the "grid boxes" and then constantly scroll from left to right to see if that's even centered. 
    • Typing into text fields is a real pain. Once you try to type, the box moves all the way to the left. So i have to scroll the badge (yet again). Then, the text box to type in is a fraction of the size of the text field. Oh, and if I accidentally highlight past the text, it exits out and I have to try all over again. This is probably the most "fun" part in creating certificates.
    • Unable to edit individual words within a text field. For example, if i want to bold/italicize one or two words within a sentence, the entire field is changed. Why?
    • Full name in cvent doesn't include middle name....again, why?
    • Adding and resizing images is also a hard task, with no CENTER ON BADGE option

I'm not sure if I'm facing all these issues since we're still using Classic events. We're unable to switch to Flex until some features roll out. But I'd love to hear if anyone has some tips for any of my frustrations above. It's taking me TOO long to create certificates for each event. I feel like this designer is EXTREMELY outdated.

Thanks!

Jonny

#Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jonny Rosado
    Marketing Coordinator
    Foundation for Orthopedic Research and Education

• 2.  RE: Creating Badges & Certificates

User Group Member
    Posted 09-06-2019 17:05
    I feel your frustration, but are not alone! I have similar issues, we do CLE and CPE certificates. We can't use Flex because we use TouchNet to process credit cards.

For me, this is the one area I feel we could use more tools. Create a basic layout based on what you need ( name tags, certificates, invoices and receipts). When I do a new conference, I duplicate it and customize and save for each program. I had to learn the art of using data tags when creating name tags, certificates, invoices and receipts, etc. Check out:

https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000002465
    https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000025265

Jacqueline C. Ward, CMP
    Director, Continuing Legal Education & Special Events, UNC-Chapel Hill

• 3.  RE: Creating Badges & Certificates

Community MVP
    Posted 09-06-2019 21:03
    I rely heavily on the badge 'wizard'.

I had posted a suggestion in the ideas tab.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America