Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cvent to Concur Integration

Posted 10-18-2021 18:12
    Hello Cvent Community!

As we prepare to return to travel/in-person events, we have started testing our Concur integration to make sure (1) we remember how to do it and (2) make sure everything is working properly with the transition to Flex since our last in-person meeting. We have run into some issues which we believe to be more on the Concur side but I wanted to see if anyone here had experienced something similar and could offer any insights if you have. 

We historically always used a custom contact field as the mapping field for our integration. This field is NOT our Concur login name. The data does live within our Concur profiles, though. As we are testing, we are seeing we are no longer able to use the custom contact field. Our concur login information is not part of our contact records so we don't have that information in Cvent (and never needed it before). Has anyone else ran into this?

Thank you!

Stephanie
    #ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Stephanie Douglass
    Team Leader, Travel & Event Management
    Edward Jones

• 2.  RE: Cvent to Concur Integration

User Group Member
    Posted 10-18-2021 22:45
    Hi Stephanie, 

What is the error message you are getting? 

What in the testing is not allowing you to use the custom contact field? Do you normally use Single Sign On from cvent to concur?

Hayley Contegiacomo
    Chief Technology Officer
    Huddle Agency

• 3.  RE: Cvent to Concur Integration

Posted 10-19-2021 10:21
    Hi Hayley!

Great questions that I should have included in my original message. We do use SSO from Cvent to Concur. When we attempt to use the custom contact field we historically have, we get a message when we get into Concur that says "In order to proceed, you should be set up as a travel planner for the meeting attendee in the attendee's 'Assistants and Travel Arrangers' profile.' The only option then is to click a back link which takes you to the Concur login page. 

Stephanie Douglass
    Event Coordinator
    Edward D. Jones & Company

• 4.  RE: Cvent to Concur Integration

User Group Member
    Posted 10-19-2021 23:45
    Hi Stephanie, 

Strange. Concur has been doing some updates over the last 12 months so a configuration in your account may have changed. I am slightly confused on your situation, if you are using SSO but you dont have the concur profile ID in cvent attached to the attendee, what do you use to recognize who it is that is being sent over to concur?

Hayley Contegiacomo
    Chief Technology Officer
    Huddle Agency

• 5.  RE: Cvent to Concur Integration

Posted 10-20-2021 10:22
    Hi Hayley,

We have always used our employee ID as the data point that connects us to our concur profile in the Cvent/Concur integration. It is housed in both Cvent and in Concur. My only guess has been Concur did some mapping for us on the backend to allow for this when we originally implemented Cvent and with all the changes they have been going through over the past several months this mapping somehow got removed so it's not longer working as it previously had. We do have a ticket in with Concur and hope to hear back any day now but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this. 

Thank you!

Stephanie Douglass
    Team Leader, Travel and Event Management
    Edward Jones