Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How do I create multiple sessions with different fees?

Posted 02-13-2020 09:00
    Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone could help me with this dilemma. I have an event that I need to set up. It is one event but with two different sessions/topics and different day but by the same speaker. For the fees, I am planning to have for each workshop it is USD$$ and if you combined it would be a better a price at USD$$.

What is the best way to do this?

Thank you.
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Ahmad Salleh

• 2.  RE: How do I create multiple sessions with different fees?

Posted 02-18-2020 13:43

Hi Ahmad,

To confirm, you are utilizing our Flex event type? If so, I would recommend utilizing Admission Items and the Session Association settings within the Advanced Settings tab of the Admission Item.

Essentially, create Admission Items to break out all their options: Topic 1, Topic 2, Topics 1 & 2. You can apply the correct price to each Admission Item. Then, by using the Session Association feature, you can associate the actual Session so that when an invitee selects their Admission Item, they automatically receive the correct agenda.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,
    Danni 

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: How do I create multiple sessions with different fees?

Community MVP
    Posted 02-20-2020 10:32
    Hi @Ahmad Salleh,

Danni kind of beat me to it, but I'll expand on her recommendation.

Unfortunately, you have them on different days, but still, a Session Group approach may also work. If you put Session A, Session B, and Session A+B in a single session group, you can associate a fee with each session. Someone would have to choose A or B or A+B. You can add instructional text to say, "the price is better if you select 'Session A+B option."

The session group forces a single selection.

And if you are using multiple Admission items, such as "Just day 1," "Just day 2," or "Day 1 and 2," you can limit visiblity of that A+B option to just the group that selects that they are attending both days.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States