Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Missing! Custom Data Tag Content Blocks in Flex

Posted 02-10-2020 19:28
    Hello,

Has anyone else been challenged with not having the ability to use Custom Data Tag Content Block? We relied heavily on custom data tag content blocks that allowed us to build standard events in a timely and efficient fashion. However, in Flex it's not available:-( The option I know of is to create a text box, then duplicate that text box to other pages, however, if you need to edit, you have to go to each individual text box to edit and if you delete the original text box, it will delete all the copied text boxes as well. 

I welcome a feature release update or workaround.
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Nadine Demyanovich
    Cvent Admin
    Illumina, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Missing! Custom Data Tag Content Blocks in Flex

Posted 02-10-2020 20:46
    Currently it looks like there is only plain text data tags.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Missing! Custom Data Tag Content Blocks in Flex

Posted 02-11-2020 09:14
    We are experiencing the exact same thing. I spent MONTHS customizing and formatting custom data tag content blocks across all of our events when we first started using Cvent. Now with the switch to Flex, it's all essentially useless. It's very frustrating. 

I second a welcome to a feature release update and/or workaround.

Sara Shidal
    Training Coordinator
    Computer Services, Inc

• 4.  RE: Missing! Custom Data Tag Content Blocks in Flex

Posted 02-12-2020 12:04
    Use Account Custom Tags instead. You can find these under Admin > Account > General > Custom Data Tags. Add your content, format it in HTML as desired, and then add a text block wherever you would like it to appear on a page. Inside the Text block editor, click the tag icon - your custom account tags will appear at the top.

You will still need a text block on each page, but the content will be in one central location where you only have to edit it once.

Katie McIntyre
    Senior Manager, Event Registration
    Opus Agency

• 5.  RE: Missing! Custom Data Tag Content Blocks in Flex

Posted 02-12-2020 14:27
    Edited by Nadine Demyanovich 02-12-2020 14:28
    Hi Katie,
    Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, the team reviewed this process and shot it down because the account custom data tags section would get bogged down. We would need 4-5 per event with approximately 100 events....

Nadine Demyanovich
    Cvent Admin
    Illumina, Inc.