Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Bulk discounts; buy 3 get 4th free.

Posted 06-02-2020 13:04
    Hi folks, 

One of my Event Managers  has a question about discounts that I am not sure is feasible or not in CVent. 

They would like to know if they can set up registration so that if someone signs up for three classes, they can get the fourth free? Is creating sessions the best way to do this? Any ideas on how we could accomplish this?

Thanks in advance, 

Jon 

#EventApp-Building/managing
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jonathan Collins
    Training Applications and eLearning Business Analyst
    NSF Center for Public Health Education

• 2.  RE: Bulk discounts; buy 3 get 4th free.
    Best Answer

Posted 06-05-2020 09:48
    Hi Jonathan,

I hope you are well! Volume Discounts can be used for use-cases such as this, however one note to call out is that Volume Discounts will be applied to the invitee purchasing a designated number of the same item. When you mentioned Sessions earlier, would each class be set up as a unique Session?

Just for your insight, if this were all for one item, you could create a Volume Discount with a Threshold: 0, Repeatedly at a specified interval after the threshold, Interval: 4th. 

If they are unique Sessions, it may require getting a bit more creative in your use of Discount Codes or even how the fee structure is set up initially. 

Let me know your initial thoughts here!

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Bulk discounts; buy 3 get 4th free.

Posted 06-05-2020 10:09
    Thanks Danni, 

I think we've come up with a solution that will work using Volume Discounts. Thanks!

Jonathan Collins
    Training Applications and eLearning Business Analyst
    NSF Center for Public Health Education