Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Adding payment post-registration

Posted 01-06-2020 09:05

Hi Community

As the administrator, I have registered some delegates so that I can individually reduce their conference costs , however since sending them the invoice - they can't seem to add a post-registration credit card payment.

Has anyone else had this problem in Flex. Support have advised that this feature is not available so Ia m looking for a solution.  

The delegates are based in South America (and some don't speak English well) and I am based in Australia - so communication and telephone calls will be challenging.

Any suggestion are appreciated!

Kind regards

Ann-Maree

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Ann-Maree Guirguis
    Education Event and Project Coordinator
    The Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre

• 2.  RE: Adding payment post-registration

Posted 01-15-2020 09:42
    Hi Ann-Maree,

I hope you are well! You are correct that at this time Post-Registration Payments are not available in Flex. It is planned for Q1 2020, so depending on your event dates and payment deadlines it could be an option to wait until it is released.

A work-around I have seen from one of my clients is to create a Classic event for the time-being that is only utilized for Post-Registration Payment for those necessary individuals. She created the event, imported the registrants into the event, and then sent them an email prompting them to pay their balance. This is somewhat complex, and would require utilizing more registrations on your account, so I would suggest working with your Cvent Account Team to strategize and discuss further.

Best, 
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Adding payment post-registration

Posted 01-16-2020 19:21
    Thanks Danni

That's a great work-around but like you mentioned - quite complex!

The only work-around I have found is that delegates can add on a post registration item which they can then submit payment for. 

Therefore as its only a small group of 15 people, I have asked them to put through a payment of $1 (via an optional session called "sponsorship") and then I have just taken the full amount off their credit card on file from the back end.

Not a great process but I need them all registered by the end of the month so it's a quick-fix!

Ann-Maree Guirguis

• 4.  RE: Adding payment post-registration

Community MVP
    Posted 01-16-2020 20:20
    Of course you are now eating up registrations towards your contract.
    I'd suggest using cross reports so you can combine both registrations into one report.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: Adding payment post-registration

Posted 01-16-2020 22:26
    Actually, it's still in the same registration.  They just need to add the item on through the Already Registered Link :)

Ann-Maree Guirguis

• 6.  RE: Adding payment post-registration

Community MVP
    Posted 01-17-2020 11:36
    Oh. Now I understand it better. So they will pay a small amount and you will process the balance in the back end?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America