Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Date Range Option for Surveys

Posted 05-14-2020 13:15
      |   view attached
    It would be nice to have the ability to insert a question type that captures a date range. As it is currently, you would have to add 'Open Ended Text - Date/Time' question twice in order to capture a start and end date. This is true for both classic and new surveys. I'm not a fan of how that appears visually. I'd prefer they be on the same line/side-by-side. It also doesn't allow you to force the person to select a date after the date they entered as their start date. If a date range option was available, this could be done. 

As anyone come up with a creative workaround?

Thanks!

#Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Sara Shidal
    Computer Services, Inc

• 2.  RE: Date Range Option for Surveys

Posted 05-20-2020 15:52

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your feedback! I will let other Cvent users respond if they have come up with any work-arounds, however I did want to suggest posting this as an idea within the Ideation page of the Community. This gives our Product Team direct visibility into your product requests, and allows other Cvent users to up-vote if they agree. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Danni 

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Date Range Option for Surveys

Posted 05-21-2020 11:50
    Hi Sara,

I agree with Danielle that this would be a good candidate for the ideas section of Cvent but to help now, perhaps it would look better visibly if you set the question to be beside the answer box and use spacers and a text widget to tie the whole question together, so it appears as one. Kind of like the below:

This still wouldn't help you dictate the end date being after the start date unfortunately, but hopefully with clear instruction, you don't get too many people messing it up.

Goodluck!

Sharna Pascolo
    Program Director
    Texas Society of Architects

• 4.  RE: Date Range Option for Surveys

Posted 05-27-2020 16:12
    Thank you for the suggestion, @Sharna Pascolo!

Unfortunately, I'm using the legacy surveys because there are several question formats that I need that aren't available in​ the new surveys yet. Therefore, I don't have the ability to choose the placement (above or beside). I appreciate the suggestion though and will definitely use it in other areas.

Sara Shidal
    Computer Services, Inc