Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Language in custom code element

Posted 02-10-2022 06:36
    Is there any way in a multilingual event to detect the currently selected language from inside the custom code element/iframe?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    René Lücking
    SERgroup Holding International GmbH

• 2.  RE: Language in custom code element
    Best Answer

Posted 02-10-2022 10:46
    I haven't found a way to do that. What I ended up doing with my multi-language site that needed accordions built was using custom data tags for CSS and HTML. The data tags can have languages added to them so they're able to be translated - not through Language Management, but within the tag itself. The only caveat here is that there is a character limit within data tags, and depending on how you code, it's easy to exceed. Not only that, but I've found that copying/pasting from certain sources will affect the character count differently. I think the best way is to use Notepad to copy from as it strips any unseen formatting.

By the way - my response is assuming you're trying to translate text within a Code widget. My apologies if that's inaccurate.

Mike Nicol
    BCD Meetings & Events LLC

• 3.  RE: Language in custom code element

Posted 02-11-2022 10:12
    This helps me, thank you.

René Lücking
    SERgroup Holding International GmbH

• 4.  RE: Language in custom code element

Posted 11-04-2022 19:33
    Came across this discussion while looking for a solution to the roadblock I encountered. And I just want to send a BIG THANK YOU for this. I'm new(-ish) Cvent user who's working on a multi-language event website (English and Japanese). After creating collapsible boxes and popup modals for the English site using code widgets, I learned that text in code widgets do not correlate with Language Management.... I was starting to wonder if I needed to create English language reg type and Japanese language reg type and have two separate pages...  But I just tested the custom data tag, and it works! 

One question, though. My coding skills are not advanced enough to do that, but have you tried adding Javascript variables in the code widget? Will that work?

Etsuko Aoyama
    Geodesic CapitalUnited States