Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Virtual Internal Event Best Practices

Community MVP
    Posted 08-06-2020 10:28
    Hello, 
    Like most everyone in this group, we are taking our annual sales conference virtual this year. I've been inundated with articles and webinars on the topic, but I still don't feel ready.  Who has actually held a virtual event for an internal audience? Would love to hear best practices on:
    • Engagement ideas: Coffee talks, Happy hours, Exercise (ie yoga)  Sessions
    • Tips for dealing with multiple time zones (US only) - we planb a mi of live & pre-recorded.  Live is obviously best
    • Managing breakout sessions - is there an optimal number of people in each? How many can we realistically have concurrently? 
    • How to incorporate families into the event
    • Hints on building the agenda 
    • Best Platforms
    • Anything you wish you had known prior to your meeting?

Thank you!

Maribeth
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    M Bluyus
    Senior Manager, Meetings & Events
    Edelman Financial Engines

• 2.  RE: Virtual Internal Event Best Practices

Posted 08-10-2020 09:08

Hi Maribeth,

I hope you are well! We definitely understand the shift to virtual brings many new changes and preparations for your own event. I encourage you to join our live Ask the Expert session in the Community Open Forum coming up next Wednesday, August 19th. We will be featuring several expert organizations from the Cvent Excellence Awards and they will be available in real-time to discuss virtual events, their best practices, and shaping the path forward for the events industry.

Here is the thread to follow (it is currently closed but will re-open when the session kicks off on 8/19 at 12:00pm ET). If you aren't sure if you can make it, I am happy to post any questions for you on your behalf - you can reply to me here or send them to Communitymanager@cvent.com. (Here is a past session so you can see the Q&A format.)

Additionally, Amy from Carlisle Construction Materials was discussing her own internal sales event last week through this post. Feel free to take a look at this discussion, too!

Best,

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Team

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent