Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  On24 Integration

Posted 08-05-2020 12:14
    Hello - 

Does anyone know if the Cvent integration with On24 is a one-way feed or a two-way feed between each system?  So for example, if attendees registered in Cvent and we direct link to On24 to allow access to the virtual event platform to watch, does On24 feed back into Cvent with who attended?

Thank you in advance!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Tammy Hudson
    EY Global Services Limited

• 2.  RE: On24 Integration

Posted 08-12-2020 07:31
    I thought it was supposed to. Our team is working on this very thing right now. Running into issues but i'm not sure whose side it's on, Cvent or On24.

Angela Grove Armstrong
    Senior Meeting Planner, Meeting Services
    Zimmer, Inc.

• 3.  RE: On24 Integration

Posted 08-14-2020 15:35
    We are working on this now, and my understanding is it is a one way feed ,so if someone registers in Cvent - the information will be passed to ON24.  The challenge we are working out at the moment is how to deal with Required fields that are custom.  I will update as we find solutions.

Heather Payne
    Director & Regional Head Canada, Conference & Event Marketing
    RBC Dominion Securities, Inc.

• 4.  RE: On24 Integration

Community MVP
    Posted 08-19-2020 11:38
    Hi Tammy,
    We have a Zoom integration, not On24, but I'm 99% certain it would be a two-way feed! Our registrants are registering in Cvent, and Cvent pushes that data to Zoom, pulls their unique registration ID from Zoom back to Cvent, and then we embed that in their confirmation and reminder emails, for example.

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 5.  RE: On24 Integration

Posted 08-19-2020 13:26
    Thank you Lori -

My Cvent contact confirmed for On24 it is not a two-way integration.  The audience URL shared in email communications, is built and coded to the unique event and pulls the key parameter data into On24, but is not a two-way integration to feed back into Cvent if the person has officially attended.  

Unfortunately, Zoom is not an approved vendor for our company, so it looks like for our situation, we will have to do some manual work to track attendance back into Cvent from reporting in On24.

Tammy Hudson
    Global Meetings and Events Manager, Executive Layer
    EY Global Services Limited

• 6.  RE: On24 Integration

Community MVP
    Posted 08-20-2020 10:43
    Hi Tammy,
    You may want to request that your IT team revisit Zoom. They have made significant enhancements since their security breach, and our IT team found no issues. Additionally, perhaps a formal request to Cvent to enhance their integration with On24 is in order, as I think that On24 is a more robust webinar solution than Zoom, and I'm sure you'd prefer to stay with On24!

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 7.  RE: On24 Integration

Posted 08-26-2020 09:46
    Hi Tammy - We have been working on this same thing as we use ON24 and have found out that it is a manual process to track attendance from Cvent to ON24 and back unless you have the third party vendor that would bridge the integration from ON24 to Cvent. I understand that Cvent is working on a integration directly with ON24 so more details to come.

Sandi Konietzka
    Event Project Manager II
    FIS