Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Help-waitlisted to registrant payments

Posted 08-19-2019 14:12

Hi,

I'm working on registering someone who has been waitlisted. There's a spot open now, and I'm wondering how I go about collecting payment from them if I'm not able to directly connect with them to take payment over the phone.  When you Register someone from the Waitlist drop down selection withing their registrant entry, it takes you to the Administrator Registration page, which also includes the payment page. 

How do people handle this? Do you just call them and take payment over the phone, or do you have to select "offline payment" then hope they send in a check at a later date, or do you select offline Payment and send them an invoice?  Is there a way to register them from the wait list by sending them a registration link they fill out?   I haven't been able to dig through all the Wait List articles, so I very much appreciate any insight you can give. Thank you!

Sara

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Sara Parrett
    Program Coordinator
    University of Washington - Center for Continuing Education in Rehabilitation

• 2.  RE: Help-waitlisted to registrant payments

Posted 08-20-2019 12:48
    Hi Sara, 

Great question to bring up! 

For managing the waitlist it can be done in a few ways. You can either manually manage who is registered that is on the waitlist by going to Invitee Management>Click on Invitee>Registration>sign them up or you can automate the process by using the Waitlist Notification email. The Waitlist Notification email can have different send settings set based on who you want to receive the email and when. Once the invitee receives the waitlist notification email, then they can click on the link to allow them register for the event and submit payment on their own. 

If Invitee A receives the notification and does not sign up, the Waitlist Notification email will go out to the next eligible INvitee B based on your send settings, then at the point who ever takes action to register will take the next spot available. 

Setting up the Waitlist Community article (including the notification email: https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000002476
    Waitlist Management Community article is linked here for reference as well just in case!: https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000002559&Lang=en_US&searchTerm=waitlist

Lauren Donaghue
    Cvent