------------------------------
    Lori Ramos
    Senior Meeting Manager
    American Medical Association

• 2.  RE: Name badge

Community MVP
    Posted 08-12-2019 20:39
    What are looking to do? Create your own QR codes for printing?
    Personally, I think that could be a nightmare matching QR codes to attendees, :)

There are various QR code generators. I found this one.
    https://qrexplore.com/generate/

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Name badge

Posted 08-13-2019 09:27
    Im trying to export the code to reprint name badges on different internal name badge template we use but I want on arrival to be able to read the QR code. ​

Lori Ramos
    Senior Meeting Manager
    American Medical Association

• 4.  RE: Name badge

Community MVP
    Posted 08-13-2019 09:16
    You can create QR codes for individuals, and I've experimented with this by putting them on name badges and including the person's contact info embedded in the QR code. But exporting them for printing outside of OnArrival and Cvent Name Badge printing was a pain, so I didn't end up using the QR Codes.

@Lori Ramos, check out this Using QR Codes article in the Cvent Knowledge base. As @Steven Schlossman mentioned, if we know what you are trying to achieve with the QR codes, we can make better recommendations. ​

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 5.  RE: Name badge

Posted 08-13-2019 13:51
    Hi Lori - 

In testing this a bit, if you use the QR Code creator within Cvent, it works pretty well with badges (created and printed out of Cvent) and e-mail communications.  Trying to get them out of Cvent and into other tools is the tricky part.

Again, without fully knowing what you are trying to do with your badges, if you can use the capability to create the badges within Cvent, that would be the easier route.  For past events, we've also included the QR code in the confirmation e-mails and sent out reminders (with the QR codes) the day before, so people would have them readily available on their phones when checking in (and where we utilized on Arrival to scan them in).

Becky Yousif
    Meetings Technology Analyst
    Intel Corporation