Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sessions with sub-questions

Posted 10-17-2019 16:10
    Hi,

I am trying to build a website with sessions to register for an activity (with a specific capacity) however, I also need to ask them questions corresponding with their chosen activity.

For example:

Skiing
    Snowboarding
    Tubing

If I choose skiing as a session, then there would be a corresponding question asking:

Skill Level?
    Do I require a rental?
    Do I require a skiing partner?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you
    Marianna
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Marianna Suchy
    Event Management
    Bayer

• 2.  RE: Sessions with sub-questions

Cvent Staff
    Posted 10-21-2019 16:21
    Edited by Julia Plymack 10-21-2019 16:22
    Hi Marianna,

I would recommend first creating the different activities as optional sessions within the event, as this will allow you to add a capacity to them and allow registrants to select which activities they want to attend in the registration process. Creating Sessions

Once the sessions are created, you can then create the specific follow up questions as session questions within the event. Once you create your question in the site designer, within the question visibility settings you can click "Show for an Agenda Item" > Toggle on "Limit visibility by admission item or session" > Select the session you want the question to be associated to from the dropdown, and then the question will only appear for those who select that session in the registration process. Repeat this step for the remainder of your questions.

If you reference the "In Flex events" portion of  the Adding Event Questions article, particularly step 4, it will walk you through the process step-by-step.

Julia Plymack
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent