Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  session questions (flex)

Community MVP
    Posted 05-29-2020 21:22
    Invitees and guests can register a session.
    I only want to ask a set of session questions from the invitee,

Invitees and guests have different registration types.
    If' used the criteria based on reg type. That doesn't work.

In classic I think I was able to filter by invitee and guest.
    I don't see anyway in Flex.
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 2.  RE: session questions (flex)

Posted 06-04-2020 14:32

Hi Steven,

I hope you are doing well! At this time, Product Questions, such as Session Questions, are shown in-line with the product, therefore it is not controlled further by logic applied. If both the primary registrant and guest register for the Session, it will be populated for them both. Our Product Team is considering additional options here, so I would suggest adding this as an idea within Ideation to ensure they have visibility to your use case. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions, especially as you continue to utilize Flex for your first few events!

Best,

Danni 

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: session questions (flex)

Community MVP
    Posted 06-04-2020 17:52
    Hi Steven, 

So, one way to do this would be to have guests and attendees follow different registration paths - you would ask the session questions only on the invitee registration path. 
    Now, I'm not 100% sure, but that might mean you cannot use the guest widget as built in cvent, and instead have guests register fully as their own registration path. To help with making it streamlined, you could have your primary registrant (the attendee) register their guest as group member. 

This is more of a workaround than a fix, but hope that helps!

Béline FALZON
    Event Planner
    California Teachers Association

• 4.  RE: session questions (flex)

Community MVP
    Posted 06-04-2020 20:28
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 06-06-2020 17:35

Here is another question about session questions.
    How does someone know what session they are answering?

I have a few sessions where I ask Year Make and Model of a vehicle. It can be different answers for each session.

I think in Classic it was clear what session the attendee was answering.

Nevermind. I see the sessions listed above the question. Could have sworn they weren't there before.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: session questions (flex)

Posted 06-09-2020 11:26
    Hi Steven,

Another work-around would be to have the first question say "Guests click here to proceed to the registration summary page" and then "All other members click here to answer session specific questions" and then have a sub question based on the second answer for all your additional questions. It's not ideal, especially if a guest has selected a number of sessions that require answers, as they'd need to do this a bunch of times. 

The other work around would be to duplicate your entire schedule and have one lot of sessions available to guests only with no questions and the other group to all other registration types with questions. As well as being time consuming, this could get tricky with capacities, but may give you the work around.  

Lastly, you could just collect all responses and when you pull the report, delete any that came from a guest account. 

Hopefully Cvent's product team pick this up and add it to their work plan :) I haven't started building out my 2020 conference just yet, but I know this will be an issue for me once I get there too. 

All the best!

Sharna Pascolo
    Program Director
    Texas Society of Architects

• 6.  RE: session questions (flex)

Community MVP
    Posted 06-12-2020 09:09
    I like the answers here and don't have much to add, other than it seems that separate registration paths from the beginning might be your only answer - so a landing page with two different buttons to click, depending on whether they are an invitee or guest. If you wouldn't mind posting your final decision, I think it would be helpful to others to see how you ended up setting up your registration.

Lori wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 7.  RE: session questions (flex)

Community MVP
    Posted 06-12-2020 10:21
    The more times I read about registration paths, the more it makes sense.
    Classic only needed one path. Flex takes a different approach.
    I'm not even sure I know what I want anymore. LOL.

Registration opens 6/15. I'm going to clone it to test different approaches.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America