Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  URL data tags for hotel

Posted 10-06-2021 14:05
    Is there a URL data tag I can use for a button that takes people to the hotel page on our event website?

And is there a list somewhere of all the URL data tags?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Amy Holder
    Event Coordinator
    CLE International

• 2.  RE: URL data tags for hotel

Posted 10-06-2021 14:09
    Sorry, I'm looking for the URL data tag that takes people directly to our hotel booking page.

Amy Holder
    Event Coordinator
    CLE International

• 3.  RE: URL data tags for hotel

Posted 10-07-2021 08:48
    Hi Amy,

I don't think you can link directly to a certain registration page because you'd be skipping others, unless the link is a passkey link that the hotel has created for you. There's a nice process for doing that within Cvent. The below information is assuming you're using the new experience.

-----
    If you're looking to link someone directly to a website page, you'll just go to Marketing > Web Links. There, you can create a new link. You'll name the link something like "Hotel", then choose Landing Page. In the dropdown, you'll choose the page you want to send people to -- mine is usually called "Lodging". Once you've created that link, you can copy and paste it into a Custom Link widget on your website.

-----
    To do what I mentioned at the top with a passkey link, make sure the travel settings are set up correctly. Go to Travel > Travel Settings. Click the pencil icon to edit the Hotel Settings. Instead of Cvent's hotel request form, you'll want to select "Official hotel website" as the method for attendees to book.

Next go to Travel > Hotel Accommodations. Open up your hotel, and once you're in edit mode, there's a new box at the bottom you'll want to fill out -- URL for booking rooms. That's where you can insert the passkey link from the hotel. You can also put in the group rate if you want. 

Then on the registration website, you can put the Hotel Website widget onto the Confirmation page. I also like to include the info in confirmation emails so they don't forget to book.

-----
    As far as data tags go, whenever you go to insert one, if you just search for "URL" you should be able to find all the ones that are available to you.

Lauren Becker
    Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac

• 4.  RE: URL data tags for hotel

Posted 10-08-2021 15:17
    Thanks, Lauren. Appreciate the info. We aren't in New Experience yet but it's looking better all the time.

Amy Holder
    Event Coordinator
    CLE International