Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to use Javascript/HTML to enable popup function for session registration questions?

Posted 11-25-2019 18:26
    ​Hi All,

I am hoping to use Jquery popup overlay window for session / admission item registration questions like this and in the meantime able to select a session as part of registration process.

Could anyone please let me know if you have had similar requirement and how it is achieved?

Thank you
    Calvin
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to use Javascript/HTML to enable popup function for session registration questions?

User Group Member
    Posted 12-02-2019 12:35
    Have you checked with the Cvent support/development team? They're great at stuff like this.

------------------------------
    Rebecca Quinn
    Corporate Events Manager
    Transplace Texas, LP

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to use Javascript/HTML to enable popup function for session registration questions?

Community MVP
    Posted 12-02-2019 14:39
    You can actually add registration questions to the registration process without having to add a popup. I don't know if Cvent will allow you to add jquery code.

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme McMilllen & Associates

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to use Javascript/HTML to enable popup function for session registration questions?

Community MVP
    Posted 12-03-2019 11:28
    Hi Calvin,

We've used modals many times in Classic. Can you give me a bit more information on the scenario you're envisioning? My fear would be that people would miss the questions if they didn't trigger the modal, which could lead to a bad customer experience. 

Happy to walk you through the code (it's pretty copy/paste), just want to be sure I'm giving you the right advice.

Thanks!

Katie McIntyre
    Manager, Technical Production
    Opus Agency

• 5.  RE: Is it possible to use Javascript/HTML to enable popup function for session registration questions?

Community MVP
    Posted 12-04-2019 06:28
    I have to recommend against pop-ups. So many browsers block them today and people often don't notice that there is a tiny icon to click to choose to allow pop-ups. Instead, using conditional logic for questions and sub-questions result in a better user experience. Plus, the data you gather is easily viewed in reporting. I would just use the visibility logic option for session questions.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 6.  RE: Is it possible to use Javascript/HTML to enable popup function for session registration questions?

Posted 12-06-2019 15:50
    You can add registration questions and session specific questions. A lot of pop-ups are missed or blocked.

Kim Schechter
    Program and Administrative Manager
    Executive Director Inc.