Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Limiting Number of Admission Items Based off of Contact Field

Posted 01-16-2020 14:57

Hi!

I have a client who wishes to restrict the number of admission items a company can register for. When suggesting limiting this by group registration, they turned down the idea because of potential language barriers and explaining a new process to attendees.

So - is there any advance logic that I can use to limit the number of registrants from any given company?

I should mention, the list of companies is pretty well unlimited as the event is open to the public and is at no cost to the attendees. 

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you!

#Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Gail Boone
    Virtual, Inc

• 2.  RE: Limiting Number of Admission Items Based off of Contact Field

Posted 01-17-2020 12:16
    Edited by Katie McIntyre 01-17-2020 12:16
    Hi Gail,

Sadly, no, at least not in the way I think your clients envision. The trouble with pivoting logic on a text field is that any variation in that text field will break the logic. For example, my company is Opus Agency, but someone registering from my company may enter Opus, Opus Agency, Opus Solutions LLC dba Opus Agency, etc., etc. and each of those would be treated as a unique company. Even something as simple as a typo could derail the entire operation.

In this case, I think turning on registration approval is probably your best bet. It's definitely more manual, but then you could review each registration as it comes in and determine whether the registrant is from an existing company. We've also used voucher codes to limit company-specific registrations in the past, but this wouldn't work unless you knew the attending companies beforehand.

Thanks,

Katie McIntyre
    Manager, Technical Production
    Opus Agency

• 3.  RE: Limiting Number of Admission Items Based off of Contact Field

Posted 01-17-2020 12:45
    Thanks for this input, Katie! I don't know why it didn't occur to me. 

I think this would actually be a brilliant solution and would actually help address a few other problems that we typically see with this event ahead of time. 

Fingers crossed this solution gets picked up!

Gail Boone
    Client Coordinator
    Virtual, Inc