Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Virtual Events - Live vs. OnDemand in your agenda build

Posted 08-05-2020 13:50
    I am hosting a virtual event with live sessions and on-demand only sessions. I want the on-demand only sessions to show in the agenda (with descriptions and speaker bios) but they aren't day specific and only available with the full package ticket. Is there a way to add them to the end of the agenda without a date being visible?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Bevin Mcgibbon
    Senior Meetings Manager
    AMT- The Association For Manufacturing Technology

• 2.  RE: Virtual Events - Live vs. OnDemand in your agenda build

Posted 08-17-2020 10:55
    Hi Bevin,

The work around I would use is to enter all sessions - on demand and live - and just make up dates for the on-demand ones. Use a field like the location or the category field to type in each sessions date and time. You can set the order of your sessions so that they appear in the agenda with the live sessions first and all on-demand after.

Once in the agenda builder in flex, hide the date and time fields but turn on the field that you have typed in the date/time info. You might need to play around with which field you use to display the info so that it looks best with your agenda design, but it should work. My only real concern would be how it would then display on the confirmation email or the modification page. 

Another option would be to create a separate webpage in your event with all the on-demand sessions. Build it out with data tags and images so that it looks like a similar format to your regular agenda page. You could then drop a button onto any page of your primary registration that links to the page of on-demand sessions. That same page could then be used during your actual event for your attendees to access each of those on-demand sessions by clicking on link within the description. 

Hope any of this may help. 

Good luck!

Sharna Pascolo
    Program Director
    Texas Society of Architects

• 3.  RE: Virtual Events - Live vs. OnDemand in your agenda build

Posted 08-26-2020 09:53
    Hi Bevin - My suggestion would be to create all the sessions and make the On-Demand session for the last day of your event and then group then all within a Session Group were you can assign then to show up at the end of your agenda and then you can disable showing the date and time. Hope this is helpful.

Sandi Konietzka
    Event Project Manager II
    FIS