Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sessions on different registration pages

Posted 04-27-2021 12:25
    Our biggest conference is coming up and and we would love to spread out the sessions on 4 different pages - one page for each day.  Our event has lots of breakouts, optional meetings and meal functions.  If we put everything on one page (sessions page) it will be very long and I'm concerned our registrants may miss some of the options.

Any ideas?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Kim Abbott
    North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation

• 2.  RE: Sessions on different registration pages

Posted 04-27-2021 12:57
    Kim,

That's a tough one as I don't think there's a way to limit the sessions that appear by day or any other category. Unless someone chimes in with a different idea, I have a suggestion.

Instead of showing the sessions the way that Cvent does, create multiple registration pages using images, spaces and text to show the agenda of each day. When it comes to selecting a break-out, you can do a registration question.  The positive is that you can get it all looking the way you want, but the negative is that you would put all the data in twice.

Edd Schillay
    Director of Operations
    The Trial Network

• 3.  RE: Sessions on different registration pages

Community MVP
    Posted 04-27-2021 15:40
    What if you use a filter in the sessions widget. Each page can be a category, or note?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 4.  RE: Sessions on different registration pages

Posted 04-29-2021 08:24
    Thanks Edd and Steven!  I'll try your suggestions and see which works best for this event.

Kim Abbott

• 5.  RE: Sessions on different registration pages

Posted 05-13-2021 10:56
    Steven, I have a follow up question.  That was a great suggestion.  My only worry is making sure registrants click on the category dropdown box to make selections for each day of the conference.  I can picture them clicking "next" before moving on two day 2, 3, etc.

Thanks again!
    Kim

Kim Abbott

• 6.  RE: Sessions on different registration pages

Community MVP
    Posted 05-13-2021 11:48
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 05-13-2021 13:21
    I haven't used that function. I made a clone of my registration to see what it looked like. I filtered by custom note. Each session note was the day of the session. I thought by filter you can create different session pages and YOU chose the filter for each page,
    Session page 1, Custom Note = MONDAY. Session page 2, Custom Note - TUESDAY.

I can see attendees missing sessions unless you create a custom rule somehow.

Added: Actually, I think it might work. I don't know what determines the sort order though.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America