Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How can Navigation Icon to URL open in New Tab?

Posted 06-17-2020 08:31
    Hello, I am using CrowdCompass for a virtual event and the majority of attendees will be on desktop when viewing the Online Event Guide, rather than through the app on their phone. When you click a Navigation Icon set to an outside URL, it opens and replaces the same tab in the browser window. It makes it difficult for attendees to find the original page unless they hit back multiple times in their browser, possibly losing sight of the portal.

Is there any way to have the link open in a New Tab? It seems to dissolve the connection the user has to the Online Event Guide by not opening outside of it.

Thanks!
    Stephanie
    #EventApp-Building/managing

• 2.  RE: How can Navigation Icon to URL open in New Tab?

Posted 06-23-2020 17:21
    Hi Stephanie - there should be an option to select "open in a new tab" when building the event.  Hope this helps :)

------------------------------
    Kayla Sisco
    Convention Coordinator
    Impact XM

• 3.  RE: How can Navigation Icon to URL open in New Tab?

Posted 06-25-2020 10:58
    Hi Stephanie,

Great question! I feel like I will run into this same issue when I start building out our app in a few weeks. I just logged into Crowd Compass and couldn't find any simple work around so my recommendation if it's not able to be done would be to make sure each page that the navigation icons open to has a way to get back to the main page. Using a link or a banner on each or instructional text that says click x to return to main menu. It's not ideal but it would help attendees navigate the app. Hopefully others chime in here with a more specific fix for you.

Good luck!

Sharna Pascolo
    Program Director
    Texas Society of Architects