Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Waitlist Option for 1 Registration Type

Posted 06-18-2019 11:21
    Hi!

Within an event we typically have 3 registration types.  Need to create a waitlist for only 1 registration type.  Is there a way for this to be done without the event being at capacity or even capacity within that 1 registration type?  

Thanks for the help in advance!
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    michelle waiser
    Event Program Manager
    KCI USA, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Waitlist Option for 1 Registration Type

Cvent Staff
    Posted 06-18-2019 11:57
    Hello Michelle,
     Great question! You can control where wait list is enabled through the registration settings in classic. That being said, if you need to control the wait list functionality for one registration type, you would need to create a new registration path and enable it only for the path with that one registration type. For further information on setup, please feel free to reach out to your account team or customer care. 

Best,
    Sabrena

Sabrena Fary
    Cvent, Client Success Adviser

• 3.  RE: Waitlist Option for 1 Registration Type

Posted 06-06-2020 12:28
    We are having this exact issue, is this the same answer for Flex?  We want to limit the registration capacity for General Attendees but not for  Vendors. We would like the waitlist to be activated for attendees but right now it only shows Closed for that particular registration type.  How do we fix this in Flex?

Jennifer S
    Director of Marketing & Events
    Saltzman Associates

• 4.  RE: Waitlist Option for 1 Registration Type

Posted 06-10-2020 09:42

Hi Jennifer,

The functionality in Flex is the same as described above. The Event Waitlist will be triggered by the event closing, which could be due to event capacity, the registration deadline, or a manual close. Then, you can control the waitlist functionality on the Registration Path-level. Based on how you described your use-case, it does not seem like this would be a clear solution since you only need the waitlist for the single Registration Type and other Registration Types may still not be at capacity. This can get a bit complex, so I would recommend working with your Account Team further to brainstorm. 

I have heard from our Product Team that they are considering Registration Type-level waitlists as an enhancement in the future. I would also suggest submitting this as an idea in the Ideation section of the Community! 

Best,

Danni 

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: Waitlist Option for 1 Registration Type

Community MVP
    Posted 06-10-2020 14:32
    Having a waitlist at the Registration Type level on the  Cvent roadmap is wonderful news.  It is something we have struggled with.  I did add an idea in the Ideation section.  People who want Registration Type waitlists, please like the idea and share a comment to let Cvent know that we would appreciate this enhancement.

Thank you!

https://community.cvent.com/ideas/viewidea?IdeationKey=76cf6642-b058-42ad-ac76-890db52b7b28

Loretta Peterson
    Event Associate
    CDW

• 6.  RE: Waitlist Option for 1 Registration Type

Posted 06-10-2020 14:37
    Edited by Jennifer Saltzman 06-10-2020 14:39
    I completely agree Danni. I tried several workarounds and nothing quite worked the way it needed it to.  Glad to hear they are working on it. Can't come soon enough!!!! Thanks for the reply.

Jennifer S
    Director of Marketing & Events
    Saltzman Associates

• 7.  RE: Waitlist Option for 1 Registration Type

Posted 06-10-2020 14:45

Hi Jennifer and Loretta,

Glad to hear an Idea is already submitted for this! I did want to clarify that this is still in a consideration phase, not officially on the road map quite yet. Be sure to encourage other Cvent users to up-vote the Idea for our Product Team to have additional visibility into this need. :) 

Best,

Danni 

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent