Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Organizing New Reports in Access Portals

Community MVP
    Posted 04-01-2021 09:11
    Looking for a way to organize reports. We have for example, one planner who does 100+ events a year, who would like to have her reports categorized by active meetings, and past date meetings, so that she can still pull older ones if she needs to, but they're separate from her active ones for easier viewing. On parked reports we accomplished this by giving her 2 separate parked report groups for archive and active, but that doesn't quite work with an access portal log-in. I saw a help article mentioning something like this with dashboards, but working with near 200 separate planners each year, creating a dashboard for each of them isn't feasible. Is there a way to categorize their reports like this? Thanks in advance.
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Kelly Ohlert
    Manager of Operations Groups
    Stryker

• 2.  RE: Organizing New Reports in Access Portals

Posted 04-01-2021 13:27
    Hi Kelly, Could you give access to a personal email address and a work address having each type of report be availble to each type of email address?  How about naming convention so that they could be filtered by the type?  @Beline Falzon, do you have a suggestion for Kelly's challenge?  I bet you do! :)​

Michele Gebrayel
    Corporate Event Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Organizing New Reports in Access Portals

Community MVP
    Posted 04-02-2021 08:19
    Edited by Loretta Peterson 04-02-2021 08:19
    HI Kelly,

I'm going to be posting a Tip of the Week on reporting next week which includes information on naming and coding conventions as Michelle noted previously.

We are using the following:

Year- Month-Date | Event Title | Internal Job # (whatever your organization uses)
    YEAR-MODA | Event Title | Internal Job#
    Example:  2021-0402 | Virtual Wine Tasting | JOB00000​

This allows people to sort by date and identify by several values.  We will be using this naming standard across multiple solutions.  Having a consistent coding and naming standard will provide data integrity and assist your team with cross solution reporting and event management.

@Beline Falzon  I agree with Michele, what are you using?
    ​​

Loretta Peterson
    Events Associate
    CDW

• 4.  RE: Organizing New Reports in Access Portals

Community MVP
    Posted 04-02-2021 11:45
    Just want to add we also add the type of report which can be applied to other reports such as "Registration", "Hotel", "Finance" and so on.  The key is to keep the naming consistent across the team.

For example, for our feedback surveys we use:

Year- Month-Date | Event Title | Survey Type [Customer - Partner - Coworker]| Internal Job # (whatever your organization uses)
    YEAR-MODA | Event Title | Survey Type Internal Job#
    Example:  2021-0402 | Virtual Wine Tasting | Customer | JOB00000

Loretta Peterson
    Events Associate
    CDW

• 5.  RE: Organizing New Reports in Access Portals

Cvent Staff
    Posted 04-02-2021 11:25
    HI Kelly,

I would say both Michele and Loretta's responses are great suggestions! We just released a sorting functionality within the Access Portal, so with different naming conventions (as Loretta mentioned), users will easily be able to sort reports. 

Additionally, we will eventually be releasing the category feature in the future. When this comes out, you'll be able to categorize the reports in the portal. Stay tuned!

Erica Wise
    Lead Client Success Advisor

• 6.  RE: Organizing New Reports in Access Portals

Community MVP
    Posted 04-20-2021 08:41
    Thanks, any idea roughly when this is slated for?

Kelly Ohlert
    Manager of Operations Groups
    Stryker

• 7.  RE: Organizing New Reports in Access Portals

Posted 04-22-2021 11:16
    Hi Kelly,

Hope you are having a nice week :) I checked with a Product Manager and was told they are currently targeting this for Q3 of this year. Stay tuned!

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 8.  RE: Organizing New Reports in Access Portals

Posted 04-23-2021 11:49
    Edited by Brian Garcia-Luense 04-23-2021 11:56
    It appears to me that there has been at least a partial implementation of this at some level. I can create Report Categories within the Access Portal. Then when I edit the list of reports in the Portal I can drag the reports that I want to be in a certain category to be under that category.

Brian Garcia-Luense
    Assoc. Director, OEC
    Archdiocese Of Galveston-Houston

• 9.  RE: Organizing New Reports in Access Portals

Posted 04-26-2021 14:52
    Hi Brian,

I hope you are well! Do you mind sharing a screenshot of the portal settings you see? Cvent has 2 versions of portals (legacy Portals and the current Access Portals), so I want to confirm which version you are working with. Access Portals do have some time until Report Categories are released, however in legacy Portals this feature was available. 

Thank you!

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent