Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Tip of the Week #7 - Custom Invitees & Registrants View

Posted 05-20-2020 12:02

Hi Cvent Community! For this week's edition of "Tip of the Week," we wanted to highlight a great functionality within Invitee Management.

You are likely familiar with the Invitees & Registrants page, which includes all invitees throughout your event in their various statuses with contact details. Your default list includes Name, Title, Company, Email, Status, and Amount Paid. But did you know you can create a custom view and choose to include the fields that are genuinely important to you?

Here are a few key steps to creating a Custom View within Invitees & Registrants:

• Click on the Custom View button to set your preferences.
    • You have up to 5 fields to display, in addition to Name.
    • Choose from various fields, such as Admission Item, Amount Due, Registration Type, or even a custom contact field specific to your organization. Select the fields in the Available column and click to Move to the Selected column.
    • Once you select your fields, simply click Save to apply this new and improved view.

With the many changes occurring in these times, we understand you may be restructuring your events or handling your invitees differently than before. It is so important to easily access your list of invitees, and not only see the basics like their names and registration count, but the details that are truly significant to you and your stakeholders.

Have you updated your custom view during these times to accommodate a switch to virtual or a postponed event? Let us know if you have used this functionality before, and which fields you find most helpful to include. Feel free to discuss and add any valuable tips of your own! As always, let us know if you have any questions. #CventTip

#Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 2.  RE: Tip of the Week #7 - Custom Invitees & Registrants View

User Group Member
    Posted 05-21-2020 09:14
    @Danielle Czark - It would be great if the address book had this functionality as well... so I can glance at the contacts and see who is a member, their membership expiration date, etc. without opening each individual record. Any chance this is planned for a future release?​

Krysten Bennett
    Communications Director
    Ohio Veterinary Medical Association

• 3.  RE: Tip of the Week #7 - Custom Invitees & Registrants View

Posted 05-22-2020 09:29

Hi Krysten, 

Thanks for your feedback - I absolutely see the value in customization at the address book-level, as well. I have not heard anything specifically, but let me connect with our Product Team and follow up here.

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Cvent

• 4.  RE: Tip of the Week #7 - Custom Invitees & Registrants View

Posted 05-22-2020 12:25
    Hi @Krysten Bennett,

Our Product Team has shared that this is not on the roadmap at the moment. However, feel free to submit this as an idea within the Ideation page of the Community! This will allow other users to up-vote if they agree and gives more visibility to our teams.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Best,

Danni​​

Danni Czark
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: Tip of the Week #7 - Custom Invitees & Registrants View

Posted 05-26-2020 08:40
    @Danielle Czark, I love that we have this feature available now. One thing that I'd love to see is if we could sort by any of the fields that we've added to our view. I've added mobile phone and one of my custom contact fields, but I can't sort by either one.​

Lauren Becker
    Travel, Meetings & Incentives Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac