Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Question for Planners & Suppliers re RFP's & Supplier Network

Posted 08-28-2019 16:36
    Hi there,

Right now we don't really use Cvent's Supplier Network for RFP's but we are wanting to start having all or the bulk of our information in one place. 

We do also use a 3rd party sourcer as we also need this option as things get busy.  The sourcer we use currently does use Cvents Supplier Network, but is not ours. 

My question is does anyone have a 3rd party sourcer that uses your companies Cvent Supplier Network so you are able to keep track of all the RFPs in one place?  

Would be interested to hear how others keep track of all their RFP's.

Thanks
    #SourcingaVenue

------------------------------
    Anna Friday
    Events Planner
    U.S. Soybean Export Council

• 2.  RE: Question for Planners & Suppliers re RFP's & Supplier Network

Posted 09-04-2019 19:01
    Hi Anna, 

I work for a third-party event management company and we often source venue for our clients. We like to use our own Cvent account, so that we can manage all the responses from venues and then make sure that we provide a clear report to our client. It just makes things a little bit more manageable for our clients. 

I imagine the difficult thing about having them use your account, is that all communication would then go through your email, and might make things a little confusing. Also, if they are getting commission from sourcing (not sure what you've agreed to here), Cvent is where they would check off that they are a third-party planner. 

One option you can do is have your sourcer publish the RFP report to a portal - and give you access to it. It might not be the perfect solution - but might be worth giving it a shot. (Link on how to do that: https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000003327). 

Good luck! 
    Haley

Haley Kilar
    Junior Operations Coordinator
    Encore Live Productions

• 3.  RE: Question for Planners & Suppliers re RFP's & Supplier Network

Posted 09-04-2019 19:25
    You would probably need to pay for them to have their own login on your account if they would even agree to it. I would discuss with your 3rd party how they would like to manage that

Kim Schechter
    Program and Administrative Manager
    Executive Director Inc.

• 4.  RE: Question for Planners & Suppliers re RFP's & Supplier Network

Posted 09-06-2019 08:19
    We use a 3rd party for RFPs: Conference Direct. They have manual processes of keeping notes and data - and very useful data, such as room nights uses for a particular even year over year.

Calling anyone from Conference Direct who may use the Cvent Community - care to comment on this question?

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 5.  RE: Question for Planners & Suppliers re RFP's & Supplier Network

Posted 09-06-2019 20:57
    We give our third parties a limited access logon to Cvent and they do the sourcing using our tool including our custom RFP and NSOs. It works great for us!

Amy Drotar
    Global Meeting Manager
    Poly

• 6.  RE: Question for Planners & Suppliers re RFP's & Supplier Network

Posted 09-08-2019 08:42
    It really is so easy once you have your RFP to put it all in one place in the Cvent Supplier Network. Maybe they could use your login and then compile info for you, but you could still look at any details you want. I  have an admin compile all the info for us after I submit the RFP.

Angela Whiteside
    VP, Finance, HR and Events
    John N. Gardner Institute

• 7.  RE: Question for Planners & Suppliers re RFP's & Supplier Network

Posted 09-09-2019 15:19
    Anna,

we don't per say... we do have Cvent connected to our CRM and that's what we internally work most with.

Andrea Timbes
    CRM Administrator
    Visit Fort Worth