Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Distributing Zoom URLs for an Event with Multiple Sessions

Posted 08-29-2020 09:07
    Hi Guys,

I am building a multi-day event with multiple optional sessions. I will be using the Zoom API on the session level rather than on the event level. Not all registrants will be signing up the same sessions.What is the best way to share the Zoom webinar information details (webinar ID, URL, etc) to registrants? I thought of using session emails to send the info, but that's messy. That means each registrant would receive and manage tons of emails to find their Zoom links.

When I have used the Zoom API on the event level, I have used the registration confirmation email (set to inactive) and included the custom data tag with the registrant's Zoom URL. That has worked well, but I know that I can't use this data tag when you integrate on the session level. So now I am stumped.

Help a sister out :)

Thanks,
    Tanya
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Tanya Nieto-Winzey
    Event Coordinator
    Pilates Method Alliance

• 2.  RE: Distributing Zoom URLs for an Event with Multiple Sessions

Posted 08-31-2020 08:05
    Following... However, are there session data tags you can add to the confirmation email when someone registers and then send reminder emails from the sessions which will have the unique login information?

Michele Gebrayel
    Corporate Event Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Distributing Zoom URLs for an Event with Multiple Sessions

Posted 09-01-2020 10:56
    For events with multiple sessions, I've used reminder emails for each session that contains information on how to log in, a button to click to join the meeting and our virtual code of conduct information (reminders to mute, etc.).  I agree, if you sign up for multiple sessions you could receive an excessive amount of emails. 

Will your event charge per session or for the entire event?  During our last meeting, we divided the two day conference into four separate WebEx meetings.  We sent one reminder email that contained WebEx information divided by day, then am and pm sessions.  BUT, we charged for the entire event regardless of which sessions you attended.

Kim Abbott
    North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation

• 4.  RE: Distributing Zoom URLs for an Event with Multiple Sessions

Posted 09-01-2020 12:18
    Yes - we ran into the same - let your account rep know that they need to enable session level functionality - we did and they said they would look at it.   As a workaround - we assigned locations that included the Zoom login and then sent an event level confirmation letter which included the data tag table - [C-MY AGENDA:ANN]} which showed the date/time/session name & "location" - Zoom login.  But we didn't use passcodes so not sure how it would work if you use those.

Christine Rocco
    Sr Events Mgr
    Cengage Learning , Inc

• 5.  RE: Distributing Zoom URLs for an Event with Multiple Sessions

Community MVP
    Posted 09-03-2020 09:04
    Hi,

We suggested having a daily session reminder that included all of the registered sessions' information for one specific day to cut down on email reminders.

@DO NOT USE Michele Gebrayel​  Hi!, I wonder if Cvent is starting to build the Virtual functionality out for the session emails.  There is a  "Virtual Session" tab within each individual session where we can input the unique login info specific to a session. The information is similar to the event level Virtual questions.  This creates the Virtual Session datatags, but I could not find a widget that puts all of that together for a bunch of sessions in a similar way to the existing sessions functionality.  Hopefully, that's coming!  ...or maybe it's there and I didn't see it...

Loretta Peterson
    Events Associate
    CDW