Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Scheduled Emails Delayed

Posted 01-27-2022 10:37
    Has anyone else experienced an extreme delay on when scheduled emails are received compared to when they were scheduled to be sent? We aren't sure why this is happening but it seems to be a regular occurrence. For reference, our attendees are nearly all internal employees so we are very aware of when the emails really are received. Interested to hear if anyone else has experienced and found the reason why/solve for it. Right now we aren't able to rely on the schedule feature which is unfortunate. 

Thank you!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Stephanie Douglass
    Team Leader, Travel and Event Management
    Edward Jones

• 2.  RE: Scheduled Emails Delayed

Posted 01-27-2022 14:09

Over the years we've seen them certainly but I'm not as intimate as I used to be with the email reporting currently.

Here are random thoughts when I've tried to troubleshoot...

Trying to nail that down a cause is full of variables both with CVENT, the interwebs, your ISP/email server, and your internal network.

Pick your battles and report ones that you see as sever and have a lot of examples to put in a ticket. Don't call, submit a ticket yourself. Cause its complex, don't expect support to respond quickly unless you aren't able to send anything (in my experience) . The responses generally aren't satisfying but if you have enough tickets to point at the frequency you'll have more data to find patterns and you'll get more examples your account reps can back you up with to find CVENT help.

You should be able to verify the time signature of when Cvent fires them in the reporting, including when the first and last went out to determine how long it took to send. If you have an individual email with the header information, you can also compare their email history in cvent to compare differences. "emails delays again... same event.. same campaign.. same time... " etc. 

Sometimes its the time of day of your send; we fools around with off times to get off peak traffic times frequently. Also break up your sends group with custom tags filters into different times of day to see if there's a better time to send?

Since you're sending to mostly internal sources, be sure to verify its not internal networking failures, ISP provider, firewalls, spam blockers.. etc. first cause you have the most control. 

Sean Daniel
    Membership Manager
    Telecom & Autotech Council

• 3.  RE: Scheduled Emails Delayed

User Group Member
    Posted 01-27-2022 15:28
    I have not seen extreme delays but I do see short delays.  My delays look like they are due to the system needing to send the email to one recipient at a time.  With our list of over 2,000 recipients, both internal and external, it can take 10-30 minutes before every single one of the recipients' emails are logged as being sent out.  Add to that the vagaries that the other response to your query has expressed and all of that can help to explain short delays.  Ultimately, I agree that documenting each severe/extreme delay and presenting that as evidence in a ticket will ultimately lead to someone figuring out why this is happening and suggestions toward a reasonable solution.

Carl Sandstrom
    Business Projects Manager
    California Joint Powers Insurance Authority