Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  New Experience

Posted 11-18-2021 16:44
    I'm not sure what others may think of the layout of the New Experience we are all going to have to use soon.  I find that moving all the various items that were originally accessible at the top of the page, now on the sides of the page make for having to do A LOT more scrolling to get to what I need to access.  It was definitely better to have everything laid out on top and click the areas needed for various tasks.  Not to mention now having to figure out where things are AGAIN.  I do not find this to have been an improvement in design or any more user friendly.  Time used to do this could have been better spent on getting functionality back of things that had worked in classic that stopped working in Flex.  Not a fan.
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Virginia Higgins
    Office Manager
    CLE International

• 2.  RE: New Experience

Community MVP
    Posted 11-18-2021 16:47
    Change is never easy. :)
    I'd like to be able to open the entire menu at once so I can get used to where things are.

The more I use it, the more comfortable I'm becoming.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: New Experience

Posted 11-19-2021 09:12
    Virginia, I agree with you 100%. Seems I am constantly scrolling up & down when in Cvent now. Top of screen drop headers was much more efficient.

Sherry Mountford
    Sr Director Tradeshow Events
    Asembia

• 4.  RE: New Experience

Cvent Staff
    Posted 11-22-2021 12:55
    Hi Virgina, 

Thank you for your feedback as I understand how important the menu area is. There will be new aspects to get used to with the New Experience, and if you continue to have the same thoughts be sure to share this as an idea where the product team reviews in further detail and other users can vote. 

Andrea Zobens
    Online Community Manager, Cvent

• 5.  RE: New Experience

Posted 11-22-2021 15:38
    I 100% agree with your comments - especially regarding where the time spent making this change could have been better spent. Unfortunately, this has been a year of frustration for us due to functionalities we have lost with several changes that have taken place.  I'm curious if Cvent gets the thoughts and opinions from any clients when considering big - changes such as the new user experience or changes that will impact certain functionalities.

Stephanie Douglass
    Team Leader, Travel and Event Management
    Edward Jones

• 6.  RE: New Experience

Community MVP
    Posted 11-22-2021 15:49
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 01-18-2024 14:16
    Cvent does get input from users. I've been part of a few UI Experience panels over the years. It's been interesting to see how the site develops over time. Had no part in New Experience though. :)  Like everything, it takes time,

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 7.  RE: New Experience

Posted 11-22-2021 15:57
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 01-18-2024 14:10
    I assumed they did - which is great!! It would be very interesting to sit in on one of these! Our biggest issue is the loss of some options/functionality with the new reports and the new access portal does not work for our account as parked report groups did. We are a unique case though for the parked report groups. 

Stephanie Douglass
    Team Leader, Travel and Event Management
    Edward Jones

• 8.  RE: New Experience

Community MVP
    Posted 11-22-2021 17:07
    I agree. My biggest issue is that there is a disconnect with guests in flex. I have found bugs and have had to fight my case to get them resolved. I'm still waiting on G/L codes in cross reports. In new reporting the search criteria doesn't seem to stick.

I still struggle with the reporting portal, but when it works, it is better than the old parked report portal.
    Flex does a much better job on mobile than classic but questions had more flexibility in classic.

Believe me, I understand your frustration. Contact your account rep regarding the UI Experience panel. I think I voluntered for it at Connect a few years ago. The last one I started had to do with integrations.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 9.  RE: New Experience

Posted 11-23-2021 10:04
    It would be really nice if there was a search bar above the menu that you could search for the menu function you are looking for, instead of having to search through each menu section.

Sandie Cottrell
    Application Administrator
    Sourcewell

• 10.  RE: New Experience

Community MVP
    Posted 11-23-2021 10:50
    That's is why I suggested
    New Experience: Expand All links

Steven Schlossman