Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Question Library

Posted 07-18-2020 08:34

We have converted to Flex as much as we did not want to. We are finding many of our favorite features missing. Besides the fact that there is no way to convert a Classic event to Flex, the Question Library does not exist. So not boy do you need to build an event from scratch, you also need to recreate every question. Are there custom questions any longer? We just spent hours recreating 40 or so questions/answers in a feedback survey for an incentive event. Does anyone have any helpful hints? Anything to help get through this conversion that we must use?

this is not simple, not user friendly and extremely frustrating. 

thanks all

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jane Margulies
    President Chief Executive Officer
    The TEAM Group

• 2.  RE: Question Library

Community MVP
    Posted 07-18-2020 14:04
    You do need to create all your questions from scratch.
    I use multiple monitors. Once screen had my Classic registration and the other was flex.

What custom questions are you not finding?
    Flex questions are definitely lacking some features we have become used to in Classic.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Question Library

Posted 07-22-2020 16:08
    Hi Jane,

We appreciate your honest feedback. Although Flex can now support a majority of use cases from Classic events along with many new capabilities, we recognize that some valuable features are still on the way. The Question Library is tentatively scheduled to be released in Q4 and our development team will continue working diligently to bring new capabilities to Flex each month.

In the meantime, be sure to keep the Flex Features Page and Flex Customer Resources Page on the radar - these are two key resources that are regularly maintained and refreshed with the most up-to-date information.

Erik Shea
    Cvent Staff Community Member

• 4.  RE: Question Library

Community MVP
    Posted 07-23-2020 08:29
    Hi Jane,

If your event sites follow a pattern, create a template to use event over event.  I also built out base templates in both Flex event registration and surveys with our FAQs such as first name, last name, organization name, email address, and so on for the more customized builds. This gives me a quick way to start my builds.  It also eliminates having to delete fields from duplicated events and reduces the risk of error.  

Pre-Cvent, I worked with a program that did not have a Question Library.  I had a OneNote with questions based on theme such as golf outing questions that I could cut and paste.  Eventually, I did templatize some of the thematic event sites.

Good luck with your transition.  Looking forward to the Question Library rollout, too!

Loretta Peterson
    Event Associate
    CDW