Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cross Event Reports - Criteria options

Posted 05-17-2021 18:47
    Does anyone else miss the the various options we had in Legacy reports to run data on Various Date fields.  Only having the option of the start date and having to create an additional filter which does not have the ability to run that data based on Today, Tomorrow, next 7, 30, 90 days, next month, previous month, year, etc is frustrating.

New reports does NOT allow this flexibility and causes more work when trying to have others view reports without having to change the criteria each time.  It just adds more work. 

Also the ability to sort at multiple levels - We had this in Legacy.  Can we get that back? Again, adding more work on my team.

I see a pattern of features being removed in the new platforms that was used and needed.
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Stacy Button
    Operations Manager - Meetings and Incentives
    Fox World Travel

• 2.  RE: Cross Event Reports - Criteria options

Community MVP
    Posted 05-18-2021 10:18
    I've noticed some cross reports have different filter options.
    What are you looking for? Maybe I have one that I found that could help.

I could create a legacy report a lot faster than the new reporting. :)

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Cross Event Reports - Criteria options

Posted 05-18-2021 15:56
    I couldn't agree more. No longer having the option to 1) utilize any date field and 2) set a dynamic date criteria in new Reports is a setback for us. It's created a more involved process, forced re-training, and increased room for error.

In general, it would be nice to have a full replacement with equivalent features available at the time of sunsetting (if not before). There are a few key items we are struggling with in migrating to Flex & the new Reporting.

Melanie Jones
    Training Manager
    University of Colorado

• 4.  RE: Cross Event Reports - Criteria options

Cvent Staff
    Posted 05-18-2021 16:46
    Hi all,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. The intent of new reporting is to make it easier for users to find and create the reports that they are looking for. We do understand that the options available may not be exactly same as old reports but we do have the ability to filter results based on relative dates using advanced filters as compared to choosing a date type upfront.

In terms of being able to sort on multiple levels, I could not agree more with you that it is not intuitive at all at this point and we are working on improving the user experience for that functionality in the near future.

Best,

Parvinderjit Singh
    Sr. Product Manager
    Cvent Staff Community Member

• 5.  RE: Cross Event Reports - Criteria options

Posted 07-30-2021 13:37
    I too miss the old reports - they were so much faster to set up and run.  The new reports are "click-intensive".

Heather Payne
    Director, Conference & Event Marketing
    RBC Dominion Securities, Inc.