Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Discount Code being over applied

Posted 12-12-2019 13:07
    I have a discount code for a session.  When applied on the payment screen for a group registration, it's being applied to all registrants that have that sesssion.  How do I limit it? I want to give a one time discount code for one of the registrants.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  That being said I would like it to be available to other groups as well so I don't want to set it a capacity.  I just would like it applied to one session per order.
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Peter Stewart

• 2.  RE: Discount Code being over applied

Community MVP
    Posted 12-12-2019 13:28
    Peter,

If you have the invitee registering the rest of the group as guest, double check the setting, "This discount can be used by:" is set to Invitees under discount code. Or you can set the "Method", to Subtract an amount and that amount is the value of one session. 

Hope these suggestions help.

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Content Management
    Digital Infrastructure, Implementation, Strategy, and Support
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 3.  RE: Discount Code being over applied

Posted 12-12-2019 14:55
    Thanks for the response James.  The group members are not guests they are additional attendees and being added as group members.  Ideally we would like the discount to be session-specific or accounting/reporting purposes.  However when the discount is applied (subtract an amount), all group members with that session are receiving the discount.  The discount is $195 and the session is $195 and 3 people with that session are receiving a discount of $195.

Peter Stewart
    Business Analyst
    Corelation Inc

• 4.  RE: Discount Code being over applied

Community MVP
    Posted 12-13-2019 14:22
    Peter,

After testing myself I see your dilemma. There sure be a discount setting to apply only to "group leader" or not. Or the threshold setting for 1 should be only for the first person not the 1st and 2nd registrant.

The only workaround I see is create a registration type using custom logic based on a question only the group leader needs to answer. Group leader gets the discount and group members do not. 

If you do get this figured out or someone at Cvent support can help I would like to know the outcome. 

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Content Management
    Digital Infrastructure, Implementation, Strategy, and Support
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 5.  RE: Discount Code being over applied

Posted 02-18-2020 13:30
    Hi Peter and James, 
      The same issue is occuring for additional attendees for the whole registration fee, identical to your session fee scenario. Did anyone from Cvent ever offer a solution?

Rick Fowler
    VP Meetings and Education
    National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)

• 6.  RE: Discount Code being over applied

User Group Member
    Posted 11-02-2022 15:46
    Peter or anyone else - I was wondering if you ever found a solution to this problem.  I am not finding an article on this issue from when you posted it two years ago.

Katherine Wayt
    Operations Manager
    Miami UniversityUnited States

• 7.  RE: Discount Code being over applied

Posted 11-02-2022 17:04
    We never did resolve the issue.  Our Event was cancelled and we've not had a similar situation for subsequent events.

Peter Stewart
    Executive Administrative Assistant and Event Planner
    Corelation, Inc.United States

• 8.  RE: Discount Code being over applied

Cvent Staff
    Posted 11-04-2022 09:11
    Edited by Daniel Marotta 07-31-2023 15:27

Hi Peter,

Hope you are well.

I came across your query today.

If you want to give a discount to only a set number of people within a group registration, you can create a 'Volume Discount'. 

Here, when you create the discount, you select the option as Volume Discount and then add the threshold > select the method > select who all will receive the discount once the threshold is exceeded > select the items and save it.

The Volume discount is specifically for group and guest registrations and are applied automatically, which means, the discount will be applicable to all those who will add a group/guest in their registration and will select the assigned sessions/admission items. However, all the group members/guests needs to have the same item.

You can also refer to the article - 

Creating Volume Discounts - Link : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Creating-Volume-Discounts

I hope this helps.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent

• 9.  RE: Discount Code being over applied

Posted 11-04-2022 09:50
    Thank you Raashi.  Unfortunately a volume discount won't work as we don't want it to automatically apply all registration groups.  We only want it to apply to those that are provided a code. The best option that we could come up with for this type of setup would be to have individual discount codes for each group/company. We would need to set a capacity of 1 on each code, that way it can only be applied once instead of getting applied to each member of the group.

Peter Stewart
    Executive Administrative Assistant and Event Planner
    Corelation, Inc.United States