Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Creating an event series with multiple events but with one registration page

Posted 05-01-2020 13:37
    Hi forum,

I would like to create a new event page which with multiple events in the same series but with one registration page.  Each event will have different text and subject and speakers but I would like people to to be able to register their details once but register for as many events as that wish to.  Can this be done?

many thanks
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Anita Onwuegbuzie
    Knowledge Transfer Network

• 2.  RE: Creating an event series with multiple events but with one registration page

Posted 05-01-2020 15:17
    Hi Anita,

We do not directly support a setup like this but you can reach out to your Client Success Manager (CSM) for additional support. Your CSM can help you brainstorm alternative setups that will, hopefully, achieve the same goal. 

Please let me know if you need your CSM's contact information and I will message you privately.

Dan Tobin
    Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Creating an event series with multiple events but with one registration page

Posted 05-05-2020 19:56
    Hi Anita,

We put on 3 CME Symposiums in the Spring. The agenda for each is for the most part the same, but the dates and locations are different. The idea is that our attendees choose to attend one Symposium, but we do have speakers and staff who will attend multiple. We created what we call an "umbrella" event. Invitations are sent out of this umbrella event. Invitees land on the summary page and get the general info that's applicable to all 3 Symposiums. From there, they click on the button for their desired location and are rerouted to that locations event registration. It works great for us - it has for 5+ years. The only downside is that when we send out invitation reminders, they go to everyone (unless someone has declined the invitation), even if they are technically registered. They are marked as registered in a separate event registration for that specific location. You could manually cross reference your lists, but it's not ideal. Happy to connect via video to show you more if interested. 

Thanks,

Jennifer Shuler
    Meetings & Events Manager
    Vituity

• 4.  RE: Creating an event series with multiple events but with one registration page

Posted 05-06-2020 09:27
    Hi @Anita Onwuegbuzie - My first thought is you could set this up as one umbrella event with a $0 registration fee, then set up the sub-events as sessions. Each session can have its own description, speaker, and price applied. I think you'd have to schedule the main event for the entire span of time that covers all of the sub-events (i.e., beginning on the date of the first seminar and ending on the date of the last seminar).

Does that make sense? I would be happy to elaborate; just let me know if you have any questions!​

Krysten Bennett
    Communications Director
    Ohio Veterinary Medical Association