Open Forum

Expand all | Collapse all

Hide certain sessions during registration

• 1.  Hide certain sessions during registration

Posted 08-04-2020 15:29
    Hello,
       Is it possible to hide certain sessions from the registration process?  We would like to open registration for our event soon and we have a few paid sessions, but the majority of our sessions are open and included with registration.  I also don't have a full schedule yet and what sessions I do have could move.  During the actual registration, I'm really only worried about the paid sessions.  

Thanks,
    Jeremy DeStefano
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jeremy DeStefano - Treasurer
    Hexagon Public Safety Users Group

• 2.  RE: Hide certain sessions during registration

Posted 08-05-2020 12:21
    When you build your agenda, mark your included sessions as "Included"  and then you can hid those in your registration build. Paid sessions mark as "optional" and then make sure they stay visible.  Build the agenda out first and then go into the site designer and it should be a little bit more clear.  The chat support feature is very helpful for these types of things as well! 

Bevin McGibbon Davis

Bevin Mcgibbon
    Senior Meetings Manager
    AMT- The Association For Manufacturing Technology

• 3.  RE: Hide certain sessions during registration

Posted 08-05-2020 13:01
    Another way is to hide session from registration if you create a "placeholder" registration type (the name of the type doesn't matter) that will never be used by an attendee. then "Limit which registration types can attend this session" to that registrration type until you want it to appear.

I use a lot of "optional included" sessions, and this allows me to assign these optional sessions to admission items but then they don't show in registration as selected. Not sure if that trick is useful for your application.

Sean Daniel
    Member Services Manager
    Telecom Council (Previously - Kerton Group)

• 4.  RE: Hide certain sessions during registration

Posted 08-05-2020 22:10
    Another thing is not to make the session available in a registration type or admissions item.
    This won't prevent them from appearing on the schedule/agenda page though.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: Hide certain sessions during registration

Cvent Staff
    Posted 08-12-2020 08:12
    Hi Jeremy,

You also have the ability to create your sessions, and then mark them Open for Registration: No, so that they are closed. This setting will be available for the optional (paid) sessions.

Best,

Robin Schoenfeld
    Senior Client Success Advisor
    Productive Utilization