Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Instructional Guide for Registrants

Posted 02-13-2020 09:28
    We're new to CVENT.  We're launching our first event next week and our VP would like us to send an instructional guide explaining how to register on CVENT.  Are there any guides or instructional videos that already exist that I can share with our members?  To me, the site is very easy to use and self-explanatory but we want to be as user-friendly as possible.  Any help is greatly appreciated!
    #EventApp-Building/managing

------------------------------
    Kim Abbott
    North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation

• 2.  RE: Instructional Guide for Registrants

Posted 02-18-2020 22:09
    Hey Kim - welcome to Cvent! This might not be the best suggestion, but - given what your VP is asking - I think you may need to do screen shots (or video yourself clicking through the site) to put a personal touch on your guidance specific to this event.

Stacy Wright
    Event Manager, Commercial Excellence
    Galderma Laboratories, L.P..

• 3.  RE: Instructional Guide for Registrants

Community MVP
    Posted 02-19-2020 10:46
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 02-19-2020 10:49
    In my opinion the VP is over thinking. :)

We have an older demographic and the 1st year with cvent and +1000 attendees we only had a handful of people complain and need help. Each year I get less emails or phone calls needing help.

I look at the percentage. While I strive for 100% good registration experiences, let's face it, you can't please everyone. If 5 people are confused and I have to hold their hand or register them, my job is done. :)

I have created screen shots how to modify registrations. The trick is getting them to read.
    My last event someone told me they couldn't figure out how to modify their registration. I asked him, did you see the email?
    I don't look at emails.

My advice is simplify the registration as much as possible.
    There are different ways to accomplish the same thing.
    Our first year I used advanced questions where session groups would have worked better.
    I moved events questions to admission questions.
    Don't ask a question if you don't need the answer.

Another thing I do is I have several of my attendees either test the registration or pre-register before anyone else.
    These attendees are my most critical attendees. They have a different perspective than I. Fresh eyes.

As event builders, we are too close to the registration. We see it everyday. We know what we meant to  say.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 4.  RE: Instructional Guide for Registrants

Community MVP
    Posted 02-20-2020 10:26
    @Kim Abbott, the two most-often confusing processes are "registering a colleague" and "registering a guest." I am working in Cvent classic at the moment and recorded 2 videos, which I posted on YouTube and embedded on a custom page on the registration website itself.

Check out these 2 quick videos:

When you send the invitation to register email, include a link to the custom page on your registration website where you put the instructions.

Also, consider a "soft launch." Launch the site a few days early and invite a select few attendees to register in advance and give you feedback about what they found confusing.

If you need help with a quick instructional recorded video, ping me - I may be able to help you over the weekend or next week. I regularly make little instructional videos and do voice-overs.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States