Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Waitlist Management by Reg Type

Posted 01-05-2021 12:48
    I have an event with multiple registration types and different capacities, but they are all on the same registration path.  I would like to set up a waitlist that will add a waitlisted person based on their registration type.  So if someone from Group A cancels, it pulls the first person on the Waitlist only from Group A.  Is that possible?  Or has anyone figured out a way to automate this?  In the past we have just done it manually.  

Thanks! 

Kim
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Kim Rangel
    Vice President
    Destination Consultants

• 2.  RE: Waitlist Management by Reg Type

Community MVP
    Posted 01-05-2021 20:31
    I believe you can only have waitlists for sessions or the event.
    I see you can set a capacity based on reg type, but don't see a wait list option.

People aren't moved off of waitlists automatically.
    You need to do it manually.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Waitlist Management by Reg Type

Community MVP
    Posted 01-06-2021 08:22
    Edited by Loretta Peterson 01-06-2021 10:43
    Hi Kim,

There is not a CVent-built option for a waitlist by registration type.  As Steven noted, workaround options are manual.  One workaround that was suggested to us was to have a Waitlist registration type which indicates the registrant as "accepted" and there is a registration cost.  We did not use that option.  We used a survey option due to our internal processes.

Your thumbs up for these two Ideation submissions that support a Registration Type Waitlist would be appreciated!  Note: I submitted the 2nd one.

Enable waitlist function for specific registration type only whilst registration open.

Add Registration Status Option for Waitlist Workaround

Loretta Peterson
    Events Associate
    CDW