Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Registration E-mail & Data Tags

Posted 02-24-2020 13:45
    I am creating my first event. It is created as an invite only event and I plan to upload the invitees. I would like when I send them the e-mail to register, for them to be able to look at the Summary, Agenda, and Speaker pages before registering, but when they register for their contact information to auto-fill. 

Is there a data tag that will allow me to do this? From my understanding, the RSVP Yes data tag will take them straight to the registration bypassing the website pages. 

Is there a better process to do this?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Amanda Chapman
    Event Coordinator
    Employers Mutual Casualty Company

• 2.  RE: Registration E-mail & Data Tags

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-27-2020 11:52
    Hi Amanda,

You can use the {[E-HOMEPAGE LINK]} URL within your event invitation email, which will direct invitees to the Summary page (the landing page of your event website) and allow them to review the Summary page and additional website pages prior to registering. Once they click on register, it will still pre-populate/auto-fill their contact information in the registration process that is stored within the Address Book in Cvent. You are correct in that the {[E-RSVP YES LINK]} data tag takes registrants directly into the first page of registration and bypasses the website pages.

Data Tag Cheat Sheet

Why are invitees' contact fields empty when registering?

Julia Plymack
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent